• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I heard the sirens in Crawfordsville about 45 minutes ago, but didn't notice any really bad weather. Saw some big hail from the New Richmond area on TV.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Just rain during the first round here south of Brownsburg. No hail, no winds, and no tornado.

Looks like this next little cell will miss us to the south as well.

Be safe out there.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Clayton got shredded!! I went down and put a few signs out and Lord....the hail was deep, leaves 4-6" deep in the road...roads flooded. My phone has done started getting texts to inspect roofs tomorrow.......gonna be another long week, but I am not complaining. Hope Allen is getting his rest as well......been a while since we had one this big, wide and long. 4-5+ mile swath, from Putnam to Marion. Stuff I seen didnt look big in size, but it was still quarter size and lasted a long time.

Hope everyone is OK out there Randy.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    The hail storm just missed us (we were just a bit north of the big cell in Marion county) although we did get just a bit of marble size hail for about 1-2 minutes.

Something I noticed that I have not noticed before is the guy wires on the tall communication towers were sparking/glowing just minutes before the rain started. I've heard the electricity in the air around the towers before but never the sparking/glowing of the wires.

I know the tallest tower of the 3 around us is 997 feet tall. It had the most sparking/glowing.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Beech Grove-ish area here. Some neat green lightning, phones and weather radio started going nuts.

Watched the radar until it passed over, no damage here.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Had sirens going off for a while here in W. Lafayette, but the all clear has been given. I didn't bother to look much outside have to prepare for finals.

Top Bottom