• ...and so much more!
  • patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I grew up in Columbus, so when I learned of POT running right over Columbus I was excited about the possibility of being there for it. But that didn’t work out.

A friend and her husband own a large business up in Elwood and are providing appropriate protective eyewear for all of their employees.

Facebook recently suspended my account, as a result of a critical comment I posted, so I won't have access to the photos many friends will post.

Hopefully you all will have a few to share.
    Her name isn't Selita, is it?

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    So this solar eclipse thing is getting weird.

Hey, if people want to travel to see it, sure. Why not? My son and daughter-in-law are coming down to see it.

But schools closing because they can't keep the kids "safe"? Ivy Tech is going remote learning?

What is this idiocy?
    My daughter's school is getting off early. They usually get off early on weds for teacher something or other. Continuing ed and such. They just changed the day and made it a little earlier.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Humorous fun fact. My old house on the southeast side of Indy, and my current house in Texas differ in time of totality by about 12 seconds.

The wife works about 10 miles from home and gains 30 seconds of totality over the house.

I moved a thousand miles away and I’m almost in the exact same path. Kind of crazy.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Humorous fun fact. My old house on the southeast side of Indy, and my current house in Texas differ in time of totality by about 12 seconds.

The wife works about 10 miles from home and gains 30 seconds of totality over the house.

I moved a thousand miles away and I’m almost in the exact same path. Kind of crazy.
    Its following you. Watch out.

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana

I'm in the same boat. Was in TN for the last one. Was slightly cloudy there. lol

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I'm taking some friends out in the country to see it better.:cool:

Just found out they (whomever "they" are) are estimating between 60,000 - 100,000 vehicles going from Fort Wayne to Decatur that day!:faint:

I'm going to find a back route from our house to the pond.

Will be stopping by Manley's Meats to pick up steaks for the grill. A great day away.:40oz:

So just a warning from wherever you live to wherever you're going to watch from - be ready for HEAVY traffic.

Regards,

Doug

Top Bottom