• ...and so much more!
  • doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Not sure how many others feel this way, but I would never go out of my way to contact a business to explain why I don't intend to go there anymore. Especially if it's a customer service issue. If they didn't feel it was important to give good service before, what would make me think that a letter from me is going to change anything?

1. You can't complain to the person who answers the phone; you must go to the owner or at least the manager over it all: they care.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I understand how these things kind grind on you. But I would say. Keep in mind all the good business you are done with them. I would give them this as a freebie. But if you run into this issue again. Then bail, on them to find a new FFL. Then maybe once you have moved past the frustration write theanager a letter explaining plainly and with out emotion as to why you have chose to leave them behind, so they may work to correct their processes.

1. In business: 1 mistake and people are done with you: there are others out there, but 2 or 3 mistakes: I am patient and overlook human error (my job as a teacher), but a business: I'd be done.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I have a few shops that I spread my transfers around to. One of my favorites makes sure I have updated copies of his ffl/sot so that I can submit it along with an order. Also found that if I buy ar15 parts and shoot the breeze for a while he generally gives me the transfer for free :D
    Edit for tie in to thread
    I prefer to do transfers with small shops, they are much more personal and generally easier to deal with. Plus when you get a serious piece they are genuinely excited to get to see it.

1. I seek out the small business owner to do business with.
    2. The guy I deal with for FFLs is in a small room in another business, but he goes the extra mile.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I do not have a lot of transfers done but this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^is how I do it. Know who you are dealing with as in really "KNOW" them personally. I find that is the best path to follow. I will spend more money per sale/transaction with the little guy over the big corporate crap holes any day.

1. Perfectly said!

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Ok... my other FFL got the shipper what they needed and my new toy will be here Monday.

I've just never had such an awful experience with Point Blank. I know most of the staff and have done transfers in the past without issue. However with this one it's like they didn't have a clue WTF I was talking about or how to do one.

I thought the receiving gals head was going to explode when I told her that I've already filled out their stupid web form twice and it STILL hasn't happened. I point blank (no pun intended) asked her what makes her think that it would work the third time.

I got a call a few minutes ago from the shipping FFL letting me know that - after my rifle had already shipped - PointBlank 'finally' sent them a license. He told me that he replied to the request to let them know the customer (aka me) has revoked the transfer authorization and that the rifle will be shipped elsewhere.

I'm going to give myself a few days to cool off and then have a face-to-face with the manager or I might drive to Cincinnati and talk to the owner.

I just don't understand how freakin hard it is to email over a signed copy of their license upon request and be done with it. Hell, instead of that stupid form they should just have a link to download a copy directly to provide to the shipper.

1. You were dealing with people on the phone who did not care to do the details to be sure it was done properly: RUN
    2. You telling the person why do the same thing over and over and get the same results was perfect, but she probably didn't "hear" you b/c of the "tone" in your voice put up their defenses and they thought you were the one being unreasonable.
    3. I'm in the people business professionally and in my private life: the good, the bad and the ugly.
    4. It is one of the reasons I enjoy people on this site so much: character (for the most part).
    5. Everything being normal, I find that people who carry guns aren't as "mouthy" and disrespectful. As someone has said: a well-armed society is a polite society."

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I give my transfer business to my local small shop. They are only 6 miles down the road and at $10 bucks a pop and they do custom work as well they can't be beat.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I give my transfer business to my local small shop. They are only 6 miles down the road and at $10 bucks a pop and they do custom work as well they can't be beat.

It is important that we have available range's to use. In this we have to support them. But I also see a serious need to support Mom and Pop places as well.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I don't use shops for anything. Buy used off the street or find yourself a private FFL.

Shops are not a place to do business with. High overhead, uneducated baboons behind the counter and coming in off the street, lots of dry firing and muzzle sweeping, no one cares about your needs.........

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    I’m sure others have said this upthread, but it’s Point Blank. It doesn’t surprise me at all that they did that. PB offers a really nice storefront and clean range, but I can’t stand their customer service.

jgressley2003

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    Miami County
    I don't use shops for anything. Buy used off the street or find yourself a private FFL.

Shops are not a place to do business with. High overhead, uneducated baboons behind the counter and coming in off the street, lots of dry firing and muzzle sweeping, no one cares about your needs.........

Not every shop is how you describe them.

Top Bottom