• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Any particular reason you're asking if there was any particular reason kg1 had any particular reason for you inquiring? :popcorn:
    Wait...I'm getting dizzy... :):

I think INGO is just fine on this matter. take the butt hurt to the secret LEO forum UM made.
    I have no problem with INGO either...the only posts concerning the matter that should buy a poster a ban are the ones that are either veiled or unveiled threats of violence or death.

I may disagree with other posts...but generally they are nothing more than opinion. I'll just voice my disagreement and move on.

I'm fairly content with the latest round of bannings that have taken place. Although I don't think any of them were related to this topic...all of the seemed warranted...IMO...of course.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    Not trying to be a male sexual organ here, but where have there been threats of violence or death? Admittedly, I only frequent the off topic section, but that seems the most likely place they would be voiced. Do you have an example of one?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Not trying to be a male sexual organ here, but where have there been threats of violence or death? Admittedly, I only frequent the off topic section, but that seems the most likely place they would be voiced. Do you have an example of one?

There have been some pretty distasteful posts. They were all deleted by management.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    There have been some pretty distasteful posts. They were all deleted by management.

But does distasteful equate to threats of violence and death? I'm genuinely curious, because despite my personal position that law enforcement bears too much power in our society, I don't condone wanton threats of unjustified violence.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I'd bet that if the trash talk were to be eliminated a lot more of the members here would participate in the discussions. :)
    As it is many are afraid to speak up for fear of reprisal by the haters.
    And I've seen it happen exactly that way.
    Some noob will chime in and give an opinion on a political topic and get his butt shot down in flames by the "experts" who think that they own the discussions here. The new person throws in the towel and never returns.
    What good is a huge membership of people who don't participate because they don't want to be ridiculed by the "experts?" :dunno:
    ^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^ I READ, a lot, and post very little compared to some of YOU, and that is okay, I have no problem with that.... I don't remember everything, I read, 20-30 years ago, so sometimes, it is a good thing .... I RESPECT, a lot of YOU, on this forum, and the 50 + of YOU, that I have met, have ALL been GREAT, with ONE, exception ..... I don't even remember, who that was, made a purchase, and he didn't want to talk, or anything ..... and that is okay, too.... so let's REMEMBER, that this is AMERICA, and that Fenway, "owns" INGO, and HE, lets us "play" on, or in HIS territory, and I for one, ENJOY it quite a LOT !!!!! I have NEVER been on another forum, before, INGO, I was a ROOKIE, when I joined, and I learn something EVERY DAY... Everyone, play nice, cause, Fenway, can take his ball, and "go home" anytime he wants..... Lets ENJOY, what WE, have, thanks to Fenway, and the Mods, and NOT LOSE, this GREAT FORUM..... Just my Humble Opinion .....:twocents:

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    There have been multiple posts in the past...probably before your time calling for the death of police officers. Most were dealt with as they popped up.

In another thread today there was this gem...a veiled call again for more deaths. Had the OP left out the part where he states he must keep his opinions to himself or risk being banned...then the post could have been taken as harmless. The way it's posted leaves no doubt in my opinion as to the meaning.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ed_for_raiding_wrong_house-6.html#post1983515

You pot stirring radical... sheesh... calm down dude.:D
    I promise...I'll try. :D

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    There have been multiple posts in the past...probably before your time calling for the death of police officers. Most were dealt with as they popped up.

In another thread today there was this gem...a veiled call again for more deaths. Had the OP left out the part where he states he must keep his opinions to himself or risk being banned...then the post could have been taken as harmless. The way it's posted leaves no doubt in my opinion as to the meaning.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ed_for_raiding_wrong_house-6.html#post1983515

I promise...I'll try. :D

As I said, I didn't see them. As they were since removed, it seems pretty impossible that you can direct me to them. The particular post you linked to is not descriptive enough for me to make any qualitative judgment. But I will reiterate, I do not condone wanton threats of violence. That includes a threat against law enforcement officers by civilians, or law enforcement officers against civilians. While I am glad no one was harmed in the particular incidence in the previously linked thread, it is my personal opinion that at the very least the investigative detectives working that case should face negligence charges, I think the TAC-Team should also face some form of punitive action as well.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    As I said, I didn't see them. As they were since removed, it seems pretty impossible that you can direct me to them. The particular post you linked to is not descriptive enough for me to make any qualitative judgment. But I will reiterate, I do not condone wanton threats of violence. That includes a threat against law enforcement officers by civilians, or law enforcement officers against civilians.
    That particular poster has a tack record of wishing death and destruction at his hand and at the hands of others upon the police. I'm sure you could sort through his other posts and find more of the same.

And as I said...had the post not started off with "If I say what I want...I'll get banned...but...". Then it could have been taken a number of ways.

If I'd have posted.... "If I say what I want, I'll be banned...but it sounds like the police need to bring bigger guns and shoot straighter next time"...would there be any doubt what I meant.

I would, however, like to leave discussion of that thread specifically...in that thread.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    I think INGO is just fine on this matter. take the butt hurt to the secret LEO forum UM made.

I agree. Thick skin is a wonderful thing to have and it certainly seems to be in short supply. Just sit back and watch who complains and moans about every little thing LEO-related, and you'll get an idea of where the issue is. :twocents:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Don't you think that not posting in a deragotory, rude or threatening manner would be a good start? This seems to be what ruins the majority of threads here.

I think that should be the only "rule".

All well and good until someone decides that he doesn't like the CONTENT of the post and uses that to claim he doesn't like the TONE of the posts.

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Just sit back and watch who complains and moans about every little thing LEO-related, and you'll get an idea of where the issue is. :twocents:

This applies to both sides, the members that post and rant about "every little LEO related thing" and the LEO's that feel meaningful posts contribute to the forum regardless of the topic. But, if someone can't be civil then perhaps they shouldn't post in LEO related topics.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    All well and good until someone decides that he doesn't like the CONTENT of the post and uses that to claim he doesn't like the TONE of the posts.
    INGO already has rules in place to govern the behavior of it's membership. As members we agreed to abide by those rules.

I don't believe I've ever witnessed a member being banned that didn't appear to be begging for it. Now granted...the banning may or may not have been precluded by multiple warnings...but the one or two that didn't were obviously a violation of those rules and clearly would have painted INGO in a light that no one that I know wants it to be associated with.

I'm well aware that people will disagree. And sometimes those disagreements will become heated. But if it cannot be done without threatening death or name-calling...then perhaps some individuals need to reevaluate the manner in which they disagree.

If an individual cannot go to another man's home (INGO) and behave in a civil and appropriate manner, then perhaps they should stay at their own home where they're free to behave however they wish.

I don't worry too much about out of control Mods banning anyone that doesn't deserve it. They appear to have a pretty good handle on it. We're not always going to agree with their decisions...I've got the infraction to prove it. :D

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    INGO already has rules in place to govern the behavior of it's membership. As members we agreed to abide by those rules.

I don't believe I've ever witnessed a member being banned that didn't appear to be begging for it. Now granted...the banning may or may not have been precluded by multiple warnings...but the one or two that didn't were obviously a violation of those rules and clearly would have painted INGO in a light that no one that I know wants it to be associated with.

I'm well aware that people will disagree. And sometimes those disagreements will become heated. But if it cannot be done without threatening death or name-calling...then perhaps some individuals need to reevaluate the manner in which they disagree.

If an individual cannot go to another man's home (INGO) and behave in a civil and appropriate manner, then perhaps they should stay at their own home where they're free to behave however they wish.

I don't worry too much about out of control Mods banning anyone that doesn't deserve it. They appear to have a pretty good handle on it. We're not always going to agree with their decisions...I've got the infraction to prove it. :D

Would you also agree that there are some members with an opposing point of view that come running to a thread that they know has a heated discussion going on and start posting things that fan the flame and they obviously know it will get some people worked up even that much more? (example) #94

Last edited:
    Top Bottom