• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Desdinova

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2012
    Austin
    I think a more reasonable solution would be to allow the temporary insanity plea to be used when one of said protestors are attacked and flogged. The penalty for the alleged attacker is being forced to eat the best steak dinner on the planet.

Now that's a policy I would be happy to support!

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I want protesters at my funeral, cause it will be complete bull*hit when I die.

The families have rights too. Maybe the hearse will lose control, kill a bunch of the protesters. Then we can protest at their funeral.

Desdinova

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2012
    Austin
    I'm not saying it's okay, as a matter of fact I think it's one of the worst things a person could ever do.

All I'm saying is that their right to protest and speak their mind is protected.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    People saying the 2nd amendment protects our right to own dangerous black guns might think differently if it's their family member lying in the casket.

Am I doing it right?

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    I am a PGR member, but do not go to funerals where the "protesters" are likely to show up. I am nearly certain that I would not be able to restrain myself from lashing out in one way or another. As much as I would like to see them get what they deserve, I do not want to bring a bad reputation to the PGR or to myself of course. Those "protesters" have a right to their point of view, and to speak out freely. I believe that they will burn in hell for their chosen venue of protest.

Now, what I don't understand, people have been arrested for disorderly conduct because they were open carrying and the people around them got upset. Carrying legally, upsetting people around them, and they get arrested. Happened in Madison Wisconsin a while back. These protesters go far beyond causing a little commotion. Just thinking about them makes my blood boil.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I am a PGR member, but do not go to funerals where the "protesters" are likely to show up. I am nearly certain that I would not be able to restrain myself from lashing out in one way or another. As much as I would like to see them get what they deserve, I do not want to bring a bad reputation to the PGR or to myself of course. Those "protesters" have a right to their point of view, and to speak out freely. I believe that they will burn in hell for their chosen venue of protest.

Now, what I don't understand, people have been arrested for disorderly conduct because they were open carrying and the people around them got upset. Carrying legally, upsetting people around them, and they get arrested. Happened in Madison Wisconsin a while back. These protesters go far beyond causing a little commotion. Just thinking about them makes my blood boil.

They make my blood boil too. I hate them with a passion. What they do is not okay. It's vile, disgusting, and hateful. But even as I hate those pieces of ****, I hate infringements on freedom and liberty, and restrictions on our rights even more.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Its disgraceful to protest at a funeral... but this is a slippery slope and shouldn't be infringed upon.

Free speech zones? Come on... take your rights to bear arms, take your rights to free speech... whats the difference?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Ok, so one group(the protesters) rights trump the rights of the family expressing grief for their dead loved ones. Not.

The first amendment protects your right to speak your mind in public.

The fact that you disagree with the words being spoken does not change this.

I don't see how requiring the protesters to be 300' away is violating the protesters rights.

The 1st Amendment of these United States is as follows:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

The 9th Section of Article 1 of the Indiana State Constitution is as follows:

No law shall be passed, restraining the free interchange of thought and opinion, or restricting the right to speak, write, or print

In both cases no government (federal or state or it's sub-divisions) can restrict "speech".

Many of us here point to "shall not infringe" when we refer to 2A and how licenses, permits, etc are infringements on our rights. Yeah you turn around as say "oh 300 feet is OK".

:nono: we can not have it both ways. The right to speak in a public setting (ie. road, sidewalk, public park) can NOT be touched. You and I may NOT like what is being spoken but that is a totally different topic. The fact that "person A" can speak about whatever in a public setting is and MUST be protected.

Today we allow the .gov to say protestors must be 300' away
    Tomorrow we allow the .gov to say protestors must obatin a permit and paid $1 for said permission.
    Next week we allow the .gov to say protestors can only speak on weds.
    Next month we allow the .gov to say no protesting

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    So, if someone didn't like the fact you had guns in your house, it would be lawful for them, and all their friends to protest day and night on the sidewalk in front of your house?

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    So, if someone didn't like the fact you had guns in your house, it would be lawful for them, and all their friends to protest day and night on the sidewalk in front of your house?

It IS legal for them to do that to the best of my knowledge. Can you point out a law that says it isn't?

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I just don't see how anyone has the right to protest at a funeral. Does anyone have the right to protest a family picnic or birthday party without it being considered harassment or assault? Aren't the funeral protesters violating the expression of grief and mourning for the recently deceased?

This is in part what spurred the creation of the Patriot Guard Riders.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

Peacefully, yes.

If they were noisy and disruptive they could get into trouble for disturbing the peace.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

Such is the life of stardom. The paparazzi never leave me alone.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    What hours should be Free Speech hours? 9am-5pm?
    Which homes should protest be banned in front of? Veterans? Politicians?

Relax. People barely protest the tyrants in charge of this country. They will surely get bored in front of your house in pretty short order.

Dauvis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2013
    Morgan county
    SCOTUS has already said Westboro can keep doing what they are doing. I'm of the mindset of "I might not like what you say, but I'll defend your right to say it."

<devil's advocate>At the end of the day, this not unlike what was done with Bush II's protesters. If it was okay then why not now?</devil's advocate>

Top Bottom