• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chris46131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Franklin
    Then I say let it happen so long as only the people of hebron have to pay for it via the lawsuit. They elected these **** they should live with the UC of their decision.
    Just don't ask the rest of lake county to help you or pay for it.

Hebron is actually in Porter County. I grew up there, even back then it was becoming more like Lake County all the time. If the town council is anything like it was when I left, I would say this is a combination of two things: 1. they are too close to Chicago and slide further left all the time, and 2. the folks on the council are on some kind of power trip and would love to see their little kingdom get a bunch of widespread attention.

I haven't lived there in a long time but I don't think I'm too far off. Some of the names of the council members are very familiar.

Last edited:

xring62

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    Henry county
    I'd pepper gas the protesters at a military funeral,good thing I havent witnessed it ,yet. This should be 2000 feet away not just 300,dang you could still see the scumbags.

Audie Murphy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    59   3   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Warsaw
    It is a slippery slope but i believe I have a solution for it.Allow the people to protest at funerals so they still have freedom of speech but also allow the legalized beatings of those people.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    This thread validates any local commission or any federal authority to institute buffers. For some it is physical. You fight speech with more speech, not violence.

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    As human being it utterly sickens me to my core to see people protest at soldiers funerals, but as a Veteran it gives me no greater thrill or joy to see the rights that I have bled for and my friends have died for being used.

The right to free speech and protest is a cornerstone of our way of life. If we could only engage the government on their terms what would we accomplish? If we can only get a redress on certain types of greviances what would we really accomplish?

If you really want a compromise allow all protest up to the beginning of memorial services, during the service allow only visual protest, and then all forms of protests can recommence at the close of services.

The right to free speech is guaranteed the right to a funeral is not.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    I think its fair to restrict protesting at funerals. They never restricted it before because society used to be decent enough that you didnt have make that a law.

Thats like saying a gun ban would be ok now because "mass murders" are happening, whereas before society was decent enough these incidents didnt happen

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    A funeral is NOT a proper place for any type of protest, period.

They truely do have the right to protest anywhere they so choose. As much as it sickens me as a human it is a victory in my book as a veteran and American. This is exactly what that ancient dusty old piece of paper was talking about. This is what our nation was founded on. Some of you protest any limitations being put on the 2nd amendment.. See the "Shall not be infringed" groups of people.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

It does not say to assemble and petition in a place where feelings wont get hurt, It doesnt say you can only petition this but not that, It doesnt say your view has to be commonly held by more people,

As to saying its not the right place I would have to say.....Wrong.... Who are you to decide what is and isnt proper? What gives you the right to apply limitations or regulations on a Right?

If I want to protest the governments waste of an american soldiers life in a war I dont think we should be in what better place to protest? What better visual backdrop.

If I wanted to protest the Bank bail outs would I be better suited to protest that on wall street than I would on say 25th and hillside in indy?

If I wanted to protest UN gun control wouldnt a better backdrop be infront of the UN than infront of a churchs chicken?

Just FYI the above does not represent my views personally. this post is to be taken as looking through a different viewpoint.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    The only thing that died was the soldier, and his family has the 1a right to exercise their freedom of religion.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    The only thing that died was the soldier, and his family has the 1a right to exercise their freedom of religion.

One more 'common sense' restriction of our rights.

One more step towards tyranny.

Sooner or later it will be a right that you actually do care about. Hopefully by then there will be some people willing to man up and fight for liberty. But after seeing comments like this, I have my doubts.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    Stupid people, stupid law. The sheeple will hardly notice another right being infringed. This exemplifies the problem with America today. The sheeple fail to recognize the implications of incremental-ism when it smacks them in the face. Thanks Hebron for making Indiana really look dumb.

As much as I abhor the group this law is aimed toward, I hope Hebron gets its collective butt sued off. There are better ways to fix this problem.

How can limiting free speech EVER be right?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom