• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Indian-noplace
    I guess you are talking about laws on weapons and such, I must agree with you that most of those laws are just stupid.
    Like that you cant carry an auto knife but a handgun is ok.

But you cant say that about ANY law, just take the fact that you have to wear your seat belt.
    I think its a law who saved lots of people. :)

Guess again. Millions of Americans choose to break that law daily. Laws are like locks - they keep honest people honest.

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    99% of these "releases" by these companies are completly INSURANCED BASED COMMENTS!!

Even if they just state "We follow the state law within each state" Lawyers will turn that into "We not only welcome EVERYONE with weapons but PROMOTE YOU TO BRING ONE IN"! Then when something MIGHT happen they can be made to the normal sheeple to look at they promoted the problem! With the lawyers a public within the US you can't really blame them! I don't agree with it but I do understand!

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    At Toys “R” Us, Inc., the safety and security of our customers and our employees is, and always has been, our highest priority.
    What a load.

Their REAL priorities:
    #1 - Maintain their image/brand
    #2 - Increase sales
    #3 - Decrease costs

I am sure that "safety and security" isn't on a single document presented to their board of directors. Their stores provide absolutely ZERO (as in none, nada, zip) security to their customers.

I've only been in one Toys R Us store recently, and won't be back.

Unfortunately, I'll still be stopping in at their sister store - Babies R Us. I needs me some cheap formula and diapers for a while yet. Funny, though, I've OC'ed there on many on occasion without a second look.

Last edited:

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I was just OCing at Babies R us the other day to register for my wife's shower. We are due in June and I will continue to OC there until I see a sign or they tell me to leave. No problems the other day though.

warangelcometh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    NWI
    Thanks for the heads up bro.
    Here's a copy of my email to Toys R Us Corporate - Everyone should do the same.. You know what they say about squeaky wheels.....

{ I am extremeley disappointed with your recent Corporate decision to restrict the rights of law adiding citizens from carrying a concealed weapon into your stores. You stated in your statement that "At Toys “R” Us, Inc., the safety and security of our customers and our employees is, and always has been, our highest priority." Truly a B.S. statement as anyone with common sense would understand that a law abiding citizen who has been authorized by his/her state to carry a concealed weapon for personal protection as well as the protection of others less fortunate would be an asset to any stores security. When will people realize that CRIMINALS DON'T CARE ABOUT LAWS OR YOUR CORPORATE RESTRICTIONS - I would much prefer my family be protected by another licensed concealed carry permit holder than expecting the local police department to show up in a timely manner should some criminal decide he wants to shoot up one of your stores. Since you have so recklessley decided to endanger the public with your recent decision please understand that I will not allow my family to shop at your store anymore.

Smitty506th

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    It makes great sense if you are a company lawyer. If there was a negligent discharge or if the place was getting robbed at gun point and some fool opened up without thinking about his backstop there would be a media storm that would have anti gunners and lawsuit paperwork piled up sky high. I may not like the policy but from the company's point of view I would wager that there are more shoppers spending money "unarmed" then those who are "armed" meaning that catering to the larger group would be a better decision. The stores sell goods. They do not provide security for your families. The cameras are there to protect the investment and products, not for your "protection". This is the same for almost every business out there and it's not going to change any time soon. The question is not about freedom but about private rights. The company has the right to create and enforce their policies. We have the right not to spend our money there. In the end the company will still come up on top and people will continue to write e-mails and letters that will be presented to those inside the company as proof that there are "mad people with guns" that are staying away from their stores, giving the illusion of "safety". Even if they wanted to tell everyone that strolling down the Barbie isle with an RPG on your shoulder was alright, their insurance company wouldn't let them. The reality is that if you avoid every business that has a "no weapons" sign there are not a lot of options left or places to work. Out of the places that don't have a sign posted, if you asked them if they supported your right to carry on their property they may stop and say, "It might be good to put up one of those signs".

There is no end to it.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. We value all your feedback, positive and negative, as it helps us to understand how our guests feel and gives us an opportunity to evaluate any possible issues.
    At Toys “R” Us, Inc., the safety and security of our customers and our employees is, and always has been, our highest priority. As a retailer that welcomes millions of kids and families into our stores across the country each year, we take our responsibility to create only the safest shopping environment very seriously. While we respect citizens’ rights to carry firearms in public areas according to certain state laws, our company policy prohibits customers from doing so in any of our stores out of an abundance of caution for the safety and protection of the children and families shopping with us.
    Sincerely,
    Nathan Pavlish
    “R” Us Guest Relations

Contact Toys R Us here:
    Toys"R"Us/Babies"R"Us : Help Desk
    I got an exact copy of this in reply to my email yesterday.

INGunGuy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    Jeffersonville, Indiana
    Just remember this everyone, IT IS NOT ILLEGAL TO CARRY ON THEIR PROPERTY, only against their BS rules. So, JUST conceal, and if you want to shop, shop, if not, then dont. If enough people complain that they are not shopping because of their stance on gun control, then they will change if enough of their profits are affected.

INGunGuy

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I'm thinking about going in and filling a cart or two, taking them to the register, letting them ring it all up, then ask for a manager and ask what the policy is. When he tells me, just say "oh, I'm sorry I guess I won't be making a purchase here today after all" and leave.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Toys R not us

This is a copy of a letter from the Toy's R Us Custopmer service people;

Thank you for contacting RUs.com regarding carrying a concealed weapon.
    At Toys?R?Us, Inc., the safety and security of our customers and our
    employees is, and always has been, our highest priority. As a retailer
    that welcomes millions of kids and families into our stores across the
    country each year, we take our responsibility to create only the safest
    shopping environment very seriously.

While we respect citizens? rights to carry firearms in public areas
    according to certain state laws, our company policy prohibits customers
    from doing so in any of our stores out of an abundance of caution for
    the safety and protection of the children and families shopping with us.
    We make our customers aware of this policy by posting signs at the front
    of each of our Toys?R?Us and Babies?R?Us stores nationwide.

If you need any further assistance, please feel free to call us at
    either of the numbers listed below or just respond to this email. Thank
    you again for contacting RUs.com. We value your business and look
    forward to serving you in the future!

Sincerely,

Chase Shwayze
    Guest Service Team
    www.ToysRUs.com (800) ToysRUs / (800) 869-7787
    www.BabiesRUs.com (888) BabyRUs / (888) 222-9787
    Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!!

I told them I was now a former customer!!!

Last edited:

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    If you post this so that we know to avoid Toysrus, fine, I don't wish to give my money to anti's either. OTOH, I always observe the, CONCEALED weapon, part of the phrase and have never had an issue.

long coat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Avon
    Its not CC that they care about, its carring at all, by all.
    Someone posted a link to another forum with a post from a LEO. The LEO was told he could not carry in the store, unless they were called. He was in full uniform.
    Here is the link.
    UtahConcealedCarry.Com • View topic - Toys 'R' Us
    He is "fuzzy'

The Chuck E Cheese here in Avon has a sign on the wall about no firearms. It said something about being charged with trespassing.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Its not CC that they care about, its carring at all, by all.
    Someone posted a link to another forum with a post from a LEO. The LEO was told he could not carry in the store, unless they were called. He was in full uniform.
    Here is the link.
    UtahConcealedCarry.Com • View topic - Toys 'R' Us
    He is "fuzzy'

The Chuck E Cheese here in Avon has a sign on the wall about no firearms. It said something about being charged with trespassing.
    Let them try. if they ask you to leave VERBALLY and you refuse then you are trespassing. Ignoring a sign does NOT equal trespassing.

Top Bottom