• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • musclecarr

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Owen County
    Me being a 40ish male, I would've left both hands on the steering wheel and said yes I have a gun,then wait for him too ask to see it. If I would've just reached for it, the officer would've probably drawed his weapon. That's my expirences with any police officer.

Griffeycom

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    FYI..Just talked to one of our local deputies while he was working out at the firehouse..Law enforcement in Indiana DOES NOT have the capability of telling whether we have a LTCH period.

Not 100% accurate. Certain counties have the licenses issued within THEIR COUNTY listed when they run a person from their county. Vanderburg County/Evansville City police are an example. I rode with an officer from both departments down there and anytime they ran someones name from that county it would show up if they had a LTCH or not.

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    You ever hocked anything to a PawnShop?

They can find proper serial-numbers and owners quick-as-a-flash, because their jobs depend upon it; LEO lives are not worth LESS, and they prob. don't run ALL the numbers they CAN due to time constraints. But if you act like Shifty Shylock, they Can & DO. I am doubting veracity of your opinion.

Gun's are different when it comes to being stole, you know it, I know it, everyone know's it.

Gun's S/N's when registerd are also put into the system, computer's and other item's are not.

If the liscence plate comes back to another car or stolen a good cop will aslo run the vin........ even if it comes back clean but something does not feel right a cop will often run the vin. Say the guy stole a plate from a car just like his or swaped them. It does not come back stolen, the cop run's the vin and it comes back stolen. Beleive me, I have seen it happen.

Unlike many I don't like to cause problem's or give them and grief and in the end I end up ahead.

Your argument would be a very good one IF the item's you had listed are registerd in a system that cop's have access to :).

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    would you hand them all over to the cop?

I don't think that it's right for the cop to ask for any of them, but I don't think I'd give him all of them, either.

This makes me chuckle because I usually carry two, one on the bod and one in the purse. Nobody ever thinks to ask if there are any more.

Top Bottom