Trail Camera Favorites...Post your favorite pictures captured on your cameras!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Not a single buck on our cam this year. Gettimg ready to move it to a new location and see if they haven't changed patterns due to the new construction?

I'm not seeing as many as I was last fall, but still have a few. I see a couple of nicer bucks like the one in that picture with the fawn and a couple smaller ones, but am not seeing button bucks or the little fork horns like I have the last couple of years. Almost every deer we picked up as roadkill last year to use for coyote bait was a buck though. I think we only had one or two does the whole coyote season.

rengler22

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 19, 2015
    Indy
    Wish I would have gotten a closer short and/or more centered but a good one nonetheless...

[FONT=&amp]
    GaEFLoZ.jpg

[/FONT]
    2boxtWu.jpg

[FONT=&amp]

[/FONT]

Last edited:

rengler22

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 19, 2015
    Indy
    Some of these aren't the greatest quality but have some nice bucks on them so I am uploading anyway!

[FONT=&quot]
    iFA7sCC.jpg

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    WUp0bjI.jpg

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    f1d7JWb.jpg

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    EiSSBUC.jpg

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    dbQ8TAp.jpg

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    yAtXZIR.jpg

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    HabTe9R.jpg

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    MpF8eQz.jpg

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    eDAaLJZ.jpg
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

Last edited:

rengler22

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 19, 2015
    Indy
    Very nice bucks. It looks like you have a healthy herd in your area.

Thanks, I'm excited. Last year was the first year we leased this particular property. Didn't have time to scout it so had fairly limited success only seeing bucks on the smaller side. We've been able to scout and find some of the better spots this year so we're looking forward to a good year.

phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    Thanks, I'm excited. Last year was the first year we leased this particular property. Didn't have time to scout it so had fairly limited success only seeing bucks on the smaller side. We've been able to scout and find some of the better spots this year so we're looking forward to a good year.

Awful nice pictures. I do wonder is the time correct on your camera???? For 0400-0500 time range it looks awful light out.

rengler22

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 19, 2015
    Indy
    Awful nice pictures. I do wonder is the time correct on your camera???? For 0400-0500 time range it looks awful light out.

It certainly is not correct! I'm not sure what the deal is though because some days it appears to be the appropriate light and some days it is WAY off like some of the ones above. Frustrating because that makes it difficult for me to get a read on where they might be early AM and late evening, or I guess any time really.

They are SpyPoint Link Micro cameras and purchased just a couple months ago. They are all linked to cellular service and the status of each of them is showing the correct time. The cell service is kind of sketchy out there in Parke County (very sketchy in the very middle of our lease) so maybe that has something to do with it.

I was so happy to see those bucks on there I wasn't going to let the time get me down, but it is really annoying.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Whoa....those are both NICE!!

Probably should start a new thread if there isn't one already, but have any of you found dead deer near water? The conservation groups/hunting groups on Facebook are reporting a lot of dead deer and some testing positive for EHD in Indiana.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Whoa....those are both NICE!!

Probably should start a new thread if there isn't one already, but have any of you found dead deer near water? The conservation groups/hunting groups on Facebook are reporting a lot of dead deer and some testing positive for EHD in Indiana.

We haven't but a neighbor to property we hunt in Tippecanoe Co said they had found a couple.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    We haven't but a neighbor to property we hunt in Tippecanoe Co said they had found a couple.

I've seen some comments on FB that are quite concerning about this. People reporting multiple dead deer on their property. I see the DNR has lowered the anterless quotas in more counties and shared a new map this morning.

Top Bottom