• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    My ex-wife was from Jersey City. "It fell off a train" was her way to say something was stolen.

Maybe bubble turrets?

This has always been a thing and now it's more of a thing because there are no penalties to it. Find some applicable federal charges for interfering with interstate commerce and send some of the thieves to federal pen for a few years it'll likely return to it's pre-stupid-times levels.
    Around here the excuse of the guys selling hot stereo equipment to random shoppers in the parking lot was "It fell off a truck, so now we cant sell it because the box is scuffed"

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    This is also happening in Chicago.

It happens pretty much anywhere train cars sit for any length of time.

We have issues with it around here also, but there isn't the big concentration of them sitting around like in bigger metropolitan areas. Around here they just sit on an unused track for a few days at a time out in the country. They still get broken into occasionally.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Let me see, make criminal activity a job classification. Handcuff the police, tell them to stand down, DAs don't hold criminals accountable, and a president who puts George Floyd on a pedestal.

There used to be a time when leaving a mess like that in the depots would at least get you sited for littering. Where are all the greenies???

MRockwell

Just Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Noblesfield
    How many have relocated to Indiana?
    The thieves or the TVs? :eek:

WISH8 out of indy had this story today:

Union Pacific showing a 160% increase in theft in LA County. "The company claims that a December 2020 special directive issued by District Attorney George Gascón that changed how low-level offenses are prosecuted has contributed to the uptick."

Just like at the CVS's and other places where thieves are walking out with goods, give the criminals incentive to be criminals and they will show up in spades.

bonkers1919

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    Columbus
    Before moving here I was a locomotive engineer on the east coast. When stopped at "certain areas" I would watch people just rape the train of items. Lawn mowers, dirt bikes, ATV's, TV's, etc. Calling the dispatcher is useless. The theives will be gone before the RR or local police arrive. I can't move the train now as I have container doors or box car doors open. Millions of dollars have disappeared as I watched in my rear view mirror.
    The crews used to know what was in each car. Not anymore. You are given a manifest listing but that is only so you know where your hazmat cars are and what they contain in case of derailment.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Before moving here I was a locomotive engineer on the east coast. When stopped at "certain areas" I would watch people just rape the train of items. Lawn mowers, dirt bikes, ATV's, TV's, etc. Calling the dispatcher is useless. The theives will be gone before the RR or local police arrive. I can't move the train now as I have container doors or box car doors open. Millions of dollars have disappeared as I watched in my rear view mirror.
    The crews used to know what was in each car. Not anymore. You are given a manifest listing but that is only so you know where your hazmat cars are and what they contain in case of derailment.
    So, we don't have Blue Thunder following silently, waiting to attack?

blue-thunder-british-movie-poster.jpg

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    No blue thunder, ha. I have carried nuclear waste and those trains ...... Let's just say there are several types of blue thunder around.
    Like the claim "can not confirm if this ship carries nukes".
    If sloppy sailors with dirty 100 year old guns are guarding the weapons load, versus marines in full battle rattle and mobile vehicles with mounted weaps.... well figure it out. :)

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    They are told when the guns are there.
    I think we saw something like this in Indiana awhile back, the robbers working with someone at UPS or Fedex. When I worked at a big shop in MI, one of two times we got hit they never even came to the store, they just went to UPS in Flint and said they were us and they gave them all our packages.

Top Bottom