• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Why not a cheap thermal sensor on each axle of each car, daisy chained together by the hitches and read directly in the engine without delay. An alert requires the train be stopped and walked with a thermal imaging device
    Nope. Do you realize how much rolling stock there is in the country? :spend: :spend: :spend: :spend: :spend: :spend:

That is why they do them on the lines trackside. Less to buy, less to break, etc

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Mandate the tripping of a heat sensor automatically triggers an emergency stop of the train with no human intervention or oversight. Either these systems work or they are not needed. No use setting on the fence and having systems that need a room full of humans to interpret, categorize, then send on to the decision makers to look at later this afternoon.

maybe states need to implement DOT type forced stops and inspections like each state has for semi trucks…
    Why not a cheap thermal sensor on each axle of each car, daisy chained together by the hitches and read directly in the engine without delay. An alert requires the train be stopped and walked with a thermal imaging device
    You guys should be forced to have the privilege of running equipment that has all this automation you speak of.
    Talk about freight rates going up.
    Great theories but actual implementation is lacking.

Look how many truck are on the side of the road compared to a few years ago. Pollution stuff stops working and the truck shuts down. Or pollution stuff doesn’t stop working but something thinks it did and truck shuts down.

Personally, I think it comes down to personal responsibility, a man honoring his word and doing his job to stop the train. I know that’s pie in the sky these days too though.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    7 months Joe. 7 ****ing months, and you haven't had time?? FJB
    Because he has spent over 43% of his time on vacation.

I wish my boss would let me run off to the beach and just pop in on meetings remotely and do my work periodically throughout my day.

If you arent sure how much that is, if that were you or I, it would be the equivalent of working only 3 days a week. (assuming M-F jobs)

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I guess I view presidential visits to disaster areas as a political bolstering move and a waste of tax payer dollars because what can they really do on site that they can't do remote?

Especially in the modern Era where workers are defying orders to return to the office because they are just as productive working remote.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I guess I view presidential visits to disaster areas as a political bolstering move and a waste of tax payer dollars because what can they really do on site that they can't do remote?

Especially in the modern Era where workers are defying orders to return to the office because they are just as productive working remote.
    There's some truth to that. If Biden went, he would probably just ramble on again about how he almost lost his prized "67 corvette and cat (oh and his wife) in an insignificant kitchen fire at his house years ago.

Just like he's done twice before. Once when he finally visited Maui and another when he went to examine the hurricane damage in Fla. recently.

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    As to the question of presidential visits to disaster areas. I agree that it's in part a political bolstering move but I suppose it cuts both ways if they don't because people expect them to go in support of their communities that have been decimated.

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    As to the question of presidential visits to disaster areas. I agree that it's in part a political bolstering move but I suppose it cuts both ways if they don't because people expect them to go in support of their communities that have been decimated.
    This. It shows you care when you take time out of your day and actually show up. Like when somebody dies and you go pay your respects instead of just sending flowers or making a donation from the comfort of your recliner. Does it do anything permanent like a donation? No. But it shows you care.

And he clearly doesnt care. Which is ironic because these blue collar working class communities are supposedly who votes for him. These are the people he pandered to in 2020 to get their votes.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    7 months Joe. 7 ****ing months, and you haven't had time?? FJB
    Because he has spent over 43% of his time on vacation.

I wish my boss would let me run off to the beach and just pop in on meetings remotely and do my work periodically throughout my day.

If you arent sure how much that is, if that were you or I, it would be the equivalent of working only 3 days a week. (assuming M-F jobs)
    IMO it isn't that. It's because they are little people in flyover country who didn't vote for him - and it wouldn't shock me if Norfolk - Southern was greasing his palm to avoid the worst parts of their responsibility

Even when it comes to people he does care somewhat about, notice that he won't move already appropriated money from other allocations to increase funding to FEMA, he's going to play politics and set up a vote with additional FEMA funding and likely additional unpalatable stuff in order to place Republicans in an awkward position while allowing FEMA's ability to help anyone to wither in the meantime

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    The supposition here is N-S has determined paying as few people as possible as little as possible to compensate them for lost value of their houses (after months of impersonal, hardball negotiation with legal firms, of course) will be cheaper than actually cleaning up all of the contamination

Think Pinto gas tanks

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    It said the government is pushing for better track maintenance. How about the government picking a maintenance company to maintain and take full responsibility for the track and have N-S write the check?

Top Bottom