Transparent AR lowers... available tomrrow.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fullauto 45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Dec 27, 2008
    SE Indy
    Clear plastic is very brittle compared to colored plastics. I can see lots of issues with the lowers breaking. Certain oils and cleaners will cause the clear to crack. I would stay away.

cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County
    While the transparency one is pretty neat, unsure if a full build would look all that good and I'd hate to see how one looked after heavy use and having had products sprayed inside and gunk built up... But still pretty neat anyhow!

I don't think it would look that good for long. Maybe for a safe queen, or just to have one.

Non-reinforced clear nylon?
    Durability will be horrible.
    Don't drop it or your precious AR will shatter.
    I will pass.

I see no point to this other than to say you've got one.

Clear plastic is very brittle compared to colored plastics. I can see lots of issues with the lowers breaking. Certain oils and cleaners will cause the clear to crack. I would stay away.

Guys, it's not meant to be used as a standard lower/user gun. ThrottleTony got it right:

^^ this.
    looks cool, but after 1000 rounds it would only look "cool" to those of us that appreciate a firearm as a tool :)

I personally like the idea, and it makes for a cool show piece. It'd be easier to explain how the trigger functions w/ a gun like this

It is meant as a training tool. On their site it says "This lower is made as a training tool and product showcase model that is usable but is not designed for the rugged use that our fiber-reinforced Nylon models are. We designed this model to showcase trigger and internal function for teaching and industry usage............This receiver is only intended as a teaching tool and for product showcase."

I think it looks cool, and maybe someday they will be able to make one that is just as tough and durable as other polymer lowers. :)

BluePig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Middlebury
    Sure thing.
    Can't wait to see one after someone pulls the trigger to try it out during training and lets the hammer strike the wall.
    One thing for sure, you will find out where all the stress fractures on an AR will start.

Cuttingedge

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   1
    Jun 10, 2014
    South
    It's like the clear phone and tv in my attic. I'll get it, hate it and then I can't give away. Happy he will make his million on his "kernoodle valve"

Top Bottom