• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    ok. no CPR/AED cert, but we will discuss it. Those who desire cert, I will try to pick a date when we can do the AHA class after the med class.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    :thumbsup:

Thanks Obijohn for getting input and putting something together. This is one of those classes I've never had time to take yet. I appreciate it!

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    ok. no CPR/AED cert, but we will discuss it. Those who desire cert, I will try to pick a date when we can do the AHA class after the med class.

Great! I can't wait to see what you come up with.

:thumbsup:

Thanks Obijohn for getting input and putting something together. This is one of those classes I've never had time to take yet. I appreciate it!

Dang it. Here's another time where I agree with you. :xmad:

Hoosierkav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    South of Indianapolis
    For those that are already EMS, there is a TECC class in Indy at month's end; go to the DHS calendar to sign up.

For my two cents, I'd say keep it simple--using commercial equipment is nice (and nice to have), but being able to improvise is important, too; being able to get out of the woods, or to your kit, is important.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    For those that are already EMS, there is a TECC class in Indy at month's end; go to the DHS calendar to sign up.

For my two cents, I'd say keep it simple--using commercial equipment is nice (and nice to have), but being able to improvise is important, too; being able to get out of the woods, or to your kit, is important.

Thanks for posting this. If I weren't busy, I'd be there myself.

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    Definitely interested.
    Later this year I plan on taking a two day course in Wilderness First Aid. Having some first aid training specifically geared towards Gun shot wounds etc. would be a very nice addition. Tagged to keep up with date.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    Ok, here we go. How about 1JUN13? Still need a location, a few have been suggested, 0900-1600. We'll be working on all the steps that may be needed to prepare for the arrival of EMS. What to do if no EMS is available or severely delayed, field expedient supplies, what to put in your first aid kit and blow out kit and yes, wound management. Remember, as a group, we decided to spend more time on the material we really need and less on the "cool" stuff. Cost will be $125 for the day.

Last edited:

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Ok, here we go. How about 1JUN13? Still need a location, a few have been suggested, 0900-0400. We'll be working on all the steps that may be needed to prepare for the arrival of EMS. What to do if no EMS is available or severely delayed, field expedient supplies, what to put in your first aid kit and blow out kit and yes, wound management. Remember, as a group, we decided to spend more time on the material we really need and less on the "cool" stuff. Cost will be $125 for the day.

That's a very reasonable price.

I'm very interested in this.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    if not MCFG then I may be able to come up with another suitable location for this. what would be the max class size?

mcfg would work just fine. I'm not going to limit class size, but around 12 would be ideal. Since we are only going to discuss briefly cpr/aed i won't need to bring dummies and hands on will only need limited space.

is mcfg available 1JUN? pm me the cost please.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I will find out if MCFG is available. if not then I will look at plan B.

ETA: MCFG is not available that day. Let me find out about plan B tonight and I will get back to you. The location would be very close to MCFG....

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I haven't had first aid training since the merit badge in Boy Scouts, should I try to find something between now and then?

Top Bottom