Travel in Europe...Improvised weapon ideas?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I do pretty much every day. My house key and alarm fob are on the "coin purse" and then I grab whatever car key I need for the day. And I've not had a problem with it at any security checkpoint. If I'm feeling extra paranoid, I put the coins in a pocket in a pocket in my laptop bag and then load it up in the bathroom after the TSA checkpoint.

One reason I prefer blunt over stabby/pokey. Less likely to require medical attention, less likely to come to the attention of the authorities, less likely to be seriously investigated IMO.

Ahhh. Gotcha. Yeah if a person took the coins out of the sap it would become a pretty harmless ugly leather key chain. :):

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    And in case you don't have a fancy leather coin holder you can always use a sock and whatever heavy objects or coins you have on you ...

8371f9ecd44090ec4e9e43d777118170--survival-gear-survival-skills.jpg

You would have to stage it once you get to your destination of course.
    And like I've said earlier I'm not a fan of piercing the skin if you don't have to so I would avoid the "nails trick".
    Plus you're most likely to stab yourself if you're going to carry nails in your pocket like that.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    And in case you don't have a fancy leather coin holder you can always use a sock and whatever heavy objects or coins you have on you ...

8371f9ecd44090ec4e9e43d777118170--survival-gear-survival-skills.jpg

You would have to stage it once you get to your destination of course.
    And like I've said earlier I'm not a fan of piercing the skin if you don't have to so I would avoid the "nails trick".
    Plus you're most likely to stab yourself if you're going to carry nails in your pocket like that.

I own the book that illustration is from. It's an interesting read.

https://www.amazon.com/100-Deadly-S...61&imprToken=ttj7PvqIzSjVayxUmngS7w&slotNum=0

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    You can use your flashlight as a fist load too (as you would a roll of quarters). It won't give you a lot of extra mass, but it does add a significant amount of structural support to your hand vs. an empty fist.

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    Quick update...Flashlight, padlocks...short pieces of dowel rod, no real questions by any TSA type groups. Overall we felt pretty safe. Some parts of Paris did not feel good..The WORST part of the trip was Brussels in Belgium. Unwittingly, we ended up in a hotel near the Molenbeek area. Hard stares because my lovely bride was not wearing a head covering,at least that is what it felt like! Glad to be back home in Indiana. Irish are kind and friendly people! The Netherlands...likewise! Thanks for all the input.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Quick update...Flashlight, padlocks...short pieces of dowel rod, no real questions by any TSA type groups. Overall we felt pretty safe. Some parts of Paris did not feel good..The WORST part of the trip was Brussels in Belgium. Unwittingly, we ended up in a hotel near the Molenbeek area. Hard stares because my lovely bride was not wearing a head covering,at least that is what it felt like! Glad to be back home in Indiana. Irish are kind and friendly people! The Netherlands...likewise! Thanks for all the input.

What do you mean by that?

And yes Molenbeek is probably not the best place to visit to discover Belgium.It's quite dodgy.
    It's basically just known for its high crime rate and being linked to terrorist cells.

I always have a great time in Brussels.Nothing like eating waffles on the Grand Place.:)

lefunambule_bruxelles.jpg

10mmMarc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 16, 2015
    Greenwood
    Once again it depends on the country.The EU is a group of 27 countries with different laws.
    In some anything intended to be used as a weapon will be classified as a weapon like you said, in others you will have to use it as a weapon for it to become a weapon.

I saw a British cop stopping a car in a documentary, the driver had a baseball bat in the trunk of his car.
    The cop asked "Why do you have a bat in your car?" ... the driver answered "It's for protection", and the cop said "Wrong answer" and he arrested the guy. :rolleyes:

I was pulled over in Hendricks County a very long time ago, and asked about a bat in my pickup, on the passenger side floorboard, I told him it was for softball and he said he didn't know anyone who played softball without a glove, so now I have a glove right next to the bat :dunno:

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    What do you mean by that?

And yes Molenbeek is probably not the best place to visit to discover Belgium.It's quite dodgy.
    It's basically just known for its high crime rate and being linked to terrorist cells.

I always have a great time in Brussels.Nothing like eating waffles on the Grand Place.:)

lefunambule_bruxelles.jpg

We did not explore Belgium, it was really only a place to rest after Ireland and then Paris. We stayed fairly close to the Hotel...caught up on our sleep. On the bright side...things were much cheaper than Paris! Rail strikes in Paris caused us to take a bus toward Amsterdam, and that is how we ended up in Brussels. Patrols at night with rifles and German Shepards( by the police/military) might have tainted my view on Brussels.

Top Bottom