• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

farmerdan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    We spend a lot of time taking care of our deer hunting property and I'll just say that I've used the three s a few times. Farmers are usually pretty decent out there, they will go to the person who owns the dog and let them know it won't be coming home. They take their cattle seriously and have no problem with doing what needs done.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    In Indiana, people CAN track a wounded animal onto your land, even if it's posted.
    The law says you have to make every reasonable effort to recover a wounded animal.

Purple top fence posts in Indiana are NOT regularly recognized, but if you add the normal 'No Trespassing' signs you are covered anyway.
    I go one step further, with stencils I have the entire list on 4'x4' signs on every standard approach, including the river frontage.

Wrong on both counts:

You'll find this: "It is illegal to hunt, trap, chase or retrieve game on private land without the consent of the landowner or tenant." here: General Information | Indiana Hunting Seasons & Regulations ? 2018 | eRegulations

https://www.wthr.com/article/starting-july-1-purple-paint-means-no-trespassing

farmerdan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    Phylodog is correct, you cannot pursue game on someone else's land without permission. A couple years ago I had shot a deer right before dark in bow season and I tracked it until I came to the property boundaries. I know the gentleman who owns the land adjacent to ours but I don't get cell service out there.
    I drove in to town where I had service and called him to get the go ahead and he was completely fine with it but if I hadn't called him I can guarantee you he wouldn't have been very happy seeing me on his cameras. He even told me where he kept the spare keys to the gate so I could drive in, he knows I have health problems and didn't want me over doing anything.

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    Learn something every day, I had always been told you could track wounded... And usually by game wardens.

It's good to know that every single man, woman & child recognizes the purple top posts already since wasn't it just last year Indiana adopted it?
    That's quite the education program! Outstanding job!

Just looked it up, 1-July-2018, so REALLY outstanding education!

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom