• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Snipercop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    SS Indianapolis
    Screw glass jar lids to the bottom of a shelf in the garage to store screws, bolts, nuts, nails, etc. Fill the jar up and screw it onto the lid that is attached to the underside of the shelf. Allows for easy viewing and storage of small pieces.

t-squared

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Crown Point
    Want your small engines that sit all winter to start in the spring? Use premium gas, the "blue" Sta-bil, and Sea Foam.

Want your small engines that sit all spring, summer, and fall to start in the winter? Use premium gas, the "blue" Sta-Bil, and Sea Foam.

sljccj

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2017
    Franklin
    If you are trying to remove a pilot bearing from a fly wheel you can pack grease in the center and use a clutch alingnment tool and a hammer drive the tool in and the bearing will be forced out. An alternative to this if you have no grease is to use bread instead of grease. Its less messy and it really does work.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    To get a clean line between two paint colors:
    set the edge of the tape with a flexible putty knife,
    seal the tape edge with the first color (any bleed through will be that color)
    as soon as that paint sets, cut in your second color,
    perfectly sharp line.
    very effective on plywood, concrete block, stucco, etc.

Excellent idea!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Off road trick we used to use. Did it on the truck one time. Exciting.

That explains your lack of eyebrows. :):

Want colder beer? Add rock salt to the cooler with your ice. It lowers the freezing temp of water but will use more ice.

need a couple cold quick? Wrap bottle in a wet paper towel and put in freezer. 10 mins later you have cold beer.

how would one go about removing a tire from a rim? :D

Go to store. Buy complete wheel assembly with new tire already installed. :):

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    First, remove air.
    Second, drive vehicle onto tire to break down bead. ( Splitting maul will work but don't hit the rim)
    Placing bucket of front end loader on tire and raising front of tractor off the ground will usually do the trick too.
    Third, work tire over rim using large screwdriver/ flat bar/crowbar/tire spoon.

If rim is aluminum do not use this process unless you just wanna scrap the rim.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    First, remove air.
    Second, drive vehicle onto tire to break down bead. ( Splitting maul will work but don't hit the rim)
    Placing bucket of front end loader on tire and raising front of tractor off the ground will usually do the trick too.
    Third, work tire over rim using large screwdriver/ flat bar/crowbar/tire spoon.

If rim is aluminum do not use this process unless you just wanna scrap the rim.

That's a lot of work...

The tire is trashed and so is the aluminum rim. Need to get rid of both of those things - but wouldn't mind a few bucks for the aluminum.

Maybe I'll just deflate it, smother the tire in peanut butter, and let the squirrels gnaw the tire off.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I used this some back in the 1980's and it worked about half the time....

"Excuse me Miss....Are you any kin to Jesse James?"

"Not that I'm aware of..Why do you ask?"

"Those eyes and the way you stole my heart without even trying made me think you must be..."

"Well ain't you just the sweetest thing!!!"

"Bartender? Can you get this cute little outlaw another round of whatever she's having..."

:)

Just kidding...Kind of...

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    When fitting a rubber butt pad to a rifle or shotgun, when it is almost done, put it in a zip lock bag in the freezer over night. When you finish it on the belt sander, it sands smoother and the stiffer frozen rubber does not chatter.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    need a couple cold quick? Wrap bottle in a wet paper towel and put in freezer. 10 mins later you have cold beer.

Need it done faster yet? Spin/roll it!

Drop beer horizontally into ice (cooler, bag, bucket, doesn't matter) then with 2 finger continue "rolling" the beer in the same spot (so the beer spins on the ice) for a couple minutes. Only faster way I know of is a VERY precisely timed dunk in liquid nitrogen. The key is that the spinning of the beer keeps the internal fluid agitated so it cools rapidly, and the spinning keeps the ice in contact with a new spot on the can/bottle exterior to keep it uniformly cold. Glass bottles will take a bit longer to chill because of the lower thermal conductivity.
    That's a lot of work...

The tire is trashed and so is the aluminum rim. Need to get rid of both of those things - but wouldn't mind a few bucks for the aluminum.

Maybe I'll just deflate it, smother the tire in peanut butter, and let the squirrels gnaw the tire off.
    You could cut the tire, as long as it's a modern passenger car tire I don't think it would have any metal cords in it so sawsall, etc. I would still pop it off the bead so it's easier to cut.

Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana

Place a 2x10 over one edge of the tire to be removed, avoid resting it on the rim. Have your buddy stand on the opposite edge to hold tire down, then drive a vehicle up the board until the weight breaks the bead lose. Works better if you have the beers after the tire is replaced!

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    back when freon was cheap and you could dump it in th air i could chill a 12 pack in sec's.....:)

same with freon or liquid nitrogen.....bearing races and sleeves.......freeze them and drop them in and when the warm up the swell into place....

just done the tooth pick thing on a butt plate screw on a shotgun 2 days ago........

have do the starting fluid tire seat when i ran a short bed chevy with 38 gumbo monster mudders.....low pressure and sometimes you pop them off.....:)

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    back when freon was cheap and you could dump it in th air i could chill a 12 pack in sec's.....:)

That pretty much goes for just about any gas compressed into a liquid, anhydrous ammonia, LP, CO2 etc. In many cases dry ice is not made in an industrial facility that is chilling CO2 in a pressurized vessel until it freezes then cutting it into blocks, they take compressed gas and release it rapidly so a portion of the gas turns into dry-ice particles, they catch them out of the stream and compress them into bricks...

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Need it done faster yet? Spin/roll it!

Drop beer horizontally into ice (cooler, bag, bucket, doesn't matter) then with 2 finger continue "rolling" the beer in the same spot (so the beer spins on the ice) for a couple minutes. Only faster way I know of is a VERY precisely timed dunk in liquid nitrogen. The key is that the spinning of the beer keeps the internal fluid agitated so it cools rapidly, and the spinning keeps the ice in contact with a new spot on the can/bottle exterior to keep it uniformly cold. Glass bottles will take a bit longer to chill because of the lower thermal conductivity.

I think it was Alton Brown that built an automatic version. he made a holder that kept the bottle above the blades. Fill the blender with ice water and salt, drop the can in the holder and in two minutes on low, ice cold beer. (the blender would swirl the water around the beer instead if the beer circling in the water.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    When replacing a shut off valve for one of our toilets, I had to sweat it onto the short length of copper tubing coming up through the floor. Had the water supply shut off to the house, but water was still slowly rising in the copper tube and wasn't allowing it to get hot enough. Buddy of mine that is a plumber told me to stuff bread down the copper pipe. It blocked the water long enough for me to sweat on the new valve, and then the water just dissolves the bread when the water supply is turned back on.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hondolane
    Top Bottom