• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lelliott8

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2016
    Crawfordsville
    Brittany Leigh Biddle (Willis) on her own public Facebook page made the post that I quoted which has been shared about 1000 times and comments to this post contained other anectodes. Pictures of tickets were commented on a relevant WTHR article posted to Facebook. There’s thousands of comments now, so much of it is getting buried.

I don’t know if there was a formal complaint filed, but wouldn’t hold that against the account one way or the other, as it’s understandable that someone wouldn’t want to further deal with a department they believe just harrassed them.

Lelliott8

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2016
    Crawfordsville
    Screw Facebook. Cop pulls a gun on me without a good reason to do it and his department is going to be hearing from my attorney.

A lot of people don’t know that you have any recourse at all if unrecorded police encounters involve tyranny and injustice. We’re taught to trust the state and that it can do no wrong.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    IMG_7547.jpg

Foxxwoof

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Battle Ground
    A lot of people don’t know that you have any recourse at all if unrecorded police encounters involve tyranny and injustice. We’re taught to trust the state and that it can do no wrong.

Or fear retaliation if they do report anything. I live in Battle Ground near the ISP post, but I work in Crawfordsville (I actually got diverted down back roads the night this shooting took place on my way home form work around 10PM). Believe me when I say a lot of the people I work with know most all the cops in town and the surrounding towns. They talk about being harrassed after having "incidents" with local LEOs that they know by name, where they live, go to church with their families, went to high school with, were rivals of their older brothers, etc...

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Has the stuff about what the State Police did after the shooting hit the Indy media yet?

I think the police mendacity is going to cause a lot of trouble for ISP. People don't like that nonsense.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Brittany Leigh Biddle (Willis) on her own public Facebook page made the post that I quoted which has been shared about 1000 times and comments to this post contained other anectodes. Pictures of tickets were commented on a relevant WTHR article posted to Facebook. There’s thousands of comments now, so much of it is getting buried.

I don’t know if there was a formal complaint filed, but wouldn’t hold that against the account one way or the other, as it’s understandable that someone wouldn’t want to further deal with a department they believe just harrassed them.

One Trooper isn't the whole department. And if bad apples aren't brought to the attention of the department it is hard to correct their behavior or get rid of them.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Has the stuff about what the State Police did after the shooting hit the Indy media yet?

I think the police mendacity is going to cause a lot of trouble for ISP. People don't like that nonsense.

Can you enlighten us?

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN

You have obviously never been in the position of investigating complaints. Most interactions are unrecorded but that never stopped anyone from filing a complaint.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    You have obviously never been in the position of investigating complaints. Most interactions are unrecorded but that never stopped anyone from filing a complaint.

I don't doubt that there are many, but if a majority of people who were in some way upset by an encounter with a LEO knew what recourse they have, you'd probably ha
    ve to triple your staff just to field complaints. I'm not suggesting that all would be justified, but the numbers would be much, much higher.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Can you enlighten us?

Sure, I don't know if Indy will bury it or what the politics is with them and State po-po, but State Police called the widow and told the widow that Rightsell was being LifeLine'd to Brownsburg. The widow drove there.

Rightsell (eventually) went to Crawfordsville. So the widow had to drive to Brownsburg and then back to C-ville.

People won't be happy once this drops.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Sure, I don't know if Indy will bury it or what the politics is with them and State po-po, but State Police called the widow and told the widow that Rightsell was being LifeLine'd to Brownsburg. The widow drove there.

Rightsell (eventually) went to Crawfordsville. So the widow had to drive to Brownsburg and then back to C-ville.

People won't be happy once this drops.

Is the new Brownsburg Hospital a Level One Trauma Center? Why would they consider taking him there when Methodist is only a few more minutes away via LifeLine helicopter?

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I don't doubt that there are many, but if a majority of people who were in some way upset by an encounter with a LEO knew what recourse they have, you'd probably ha
    ve to triple your staff just to field complaints. I'm not suggesting that all would be justified, but the numbers would be much, much higher.

It happens more than you think it does.

Top Bottom