After:

door2_zpse20f565a.jpg

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I like bananas but every time I eat them all I can taste is banana for hours afterward. Anyone have this happen?

Also bananas give me heartburn. Why is that?

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Have you ever noticed that "common sense" is not very common?

I am going to have to go with Einstein on common sense. "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."

Most examples of common sense really are not all that common.Yes a few moral ones,but even those are environmental.
    Just a few examples.Most of us know a firearm will not discharge by itself,common sense right? Not if you have never been exposed to the operation of a firearm.

Ask a person living in a gang city if you should wear the color blue in Bloods territory,it is common sense.Not if you have never been exposed to gang culture though.

Even moral examples fail to really provide any common sense because your morals are based on how you where raised,what religion,your environment,and what type of family unit you have.For example a Methodist raised in small town USA by both parents will have a very different idea about stealing than a homeless kid with a mother strung out on meth raised on the streets of say Chicago.

The reason common sense is not common is that it really is just your life experience and lessons you learned along the way.As less people share a similar set of experiences and lessons your view of common sense will indeed be less common.

It is common sense to me if you plant a potato,in 120 days you can dig up a bunch of them.Wash and slice them.Heat oil to 350 degrees and drop the slices in for 4-5 minutes(until golden brown)and you have a plate full of French fries.I doubt that is actual common sense though.
    IE Einstein is correct.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom