• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Greenfield
    Okay INGO....I need some help. I've been looking for a place that sells/installs (more importantly installs) truck lift and leveling kits. I understand the leveling is fairly easy to do yourself, but I'd like to talk with someone about options and costs. And frankly, I'd really like to just drop it off and have it installed, aligned, and ready to go all in one sha-bang. I can't find anywhere in Hancock county that does this. (I've only lived here a few months). But with all of the jacked trucks running around the county, someone has to do this nearby!

Im open to any recommendations east of 31 and west of new castle, preferably.

Thanks INGO!

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Personal experience gone awry? Care to share details as to why it should be avoided?

Surely there is somewhere closer than Plainfield that can be recommended?

Personal experience. They're idiots, and don't know what they are doing. And they charge WAY too much.
    I have had to fix so many things that they messed up on my jeep, it isn't even funny.

I installed a full top of the line 4" suspension on my jeep myself. Even did the alignment myself. It's actually fun.

This past winter, I helped my brother install a spacer kit on his 2009 dodge ram 2500. He's running 35s now.

Really, if you can turn a winch, and have a floor jack and some tools, you can do it in a day. It'll save you a lot of money.

What exactly are you wanting to do?

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Greenfield
    I'm not exactly sure what I'm wanting to do. The project ideas keep expanding in size and cost. That being said, I'd like to get a 4" kit at minimum. But, in reality I'll probably force myself to be a reasonable and responsible adult and reign it in and end up just putting in a spacer kit to level the front end. (2007 Ram 1500).

With the leveling spacers, do I need sway bar brackets or shocks? I've heard it depends on make/model/year so that you don't screw up cv joints...which is why I wanted to talk about options with someone that can level/ lift.

Im very mechanically inclined, but don't have spring compressors, floor jacks, etc. I just figured it'd be easier to pay a reputable shop $100 or so who has those tools/ done it before.

Thanks!

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    You can rent spring compressors from autozone.
    I second not going to the 4 wheel parts place mentioned above. Prices are crazy high. That is as far as I went with them.

Buy a good jack and jack stands and have some fun with your truck :)

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I installed a 2" level to my 2012 Ram in my driveway in about an hour and a half. I didn't need a spring compressor. Just pulled the entire strut assembly, bolt the spacer to the top of it and reinstall it. I did take it in for an alignment after. I don't know if the 3rd Gens are the same but I'm betting you won't need to pull the strut assy apart.

That said, I've had a pair of Bilsteins sitting in my garage waiting to be installed for a couple of months now. I don't have a spring compressor and I'm a little intimidated but the thought of using one. It'll cost me $400 to have them installed including the alignment. Once my impatience overrides my anxiety and refusal to spend that money I'll do it. I'm pondering doing a 4" suspension lift myself but it involves some cutting of the cross members so it'll take a long time for my impatience to surpass my anxiety lol.

Outlaw

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 1, 2011
    Cornfield east of Indy
    There's a diesel shop on the southeast corner of mt comfort and 40 that worked on our work truck. I'm pretty sure they do lifts too. I can't remember the name though. I'll look around and see if I can find it.

songdog33

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2014
    Hancock County
    There's a diesel shop on the southeast corner of mt comfort and 40 that worked on our work truck. I'm pretty sure they do lifts too. I can't remember the name though. I'll look around and see if I can find it.

If its the same place I'm thinking its a motorcycle shoo now

Outlaw

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 1, 2011
    Cornfield east of Indy
    If its the same place I'm thinking its a motorcycle shoo now

Nope they are still open just talked to them this morning. They are actually a rough country dealer too.

Outlaw Diesel Performance
    Auto Parts Store
    5865 W Memory Ln, Greenfield, IN 46140
    (317) 767-1561
    Open today · 9:00 am – 6:00 pm

Great guys very knowledgeable!!

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Greenfield
    This is why I love INGO.....good input and advice for life's important things...like jacked up trucks!! Thank you all!

There is a Tillman's in Greenwood also I believe. They did a front leveling kit on my Silverado.

I will have to check them out. If you don't mind sharing, what did the kit/install cost, roughly?

I installed a 2" level to my 2012 Ram in my driveway in about an hour and a half. I didn't need a spring compressor. Just pulled the entire strut assembly, bolt the spacer to the top of it and reinstall it. I did take it in for an alignment after. I don't know if the 3rd Gens are the same but I'm betting you won't need to pull the strut assy apart.

That said, I've had a pair of Bilsteins sitting in my garage waiting to be installed for a couple of months now. I don't have a spring compressor and I'm a little intimidated but the thought of using one. It'll cost me $400 to have them installed including the alignment. Once my impatience overrides my anxiety and refusal to spend that money I'll do it. I'm pondering doing a 4" suspension lift myself but it involves some cutting of the cross members so it'll take a long time for my impatience to surpass my anxiety lol.

I am with you completely. I want a 4", but have the same "anxiety" of doing it myself, and don't want it enough to pay to have it done. That is why I am leaning towards a 2.5" level kit. I was hoping to get by with simple Hell Bent Steel spacers, but in all my research, it appears I need to add some parts to do it correctly and reduce wear on CV joints. (As referenced by the entire kit that was posted by lovemachine).

What kind of truck do you have?

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT Quad Cab

Nope they are still open just talked to them this morning. They are actually a rough country dealer too.

Outlaw Diesel Performance
    Auto Parts Store
    5865 W Memory Ln, Greenfield, IN 46140
    (317) 767-1561
    Open today · 9:00 am – 6:00 pm

Great guys very knowledgeable!!

I will have to give them a call to see what they offer. That is definitely in my neck of the woods!

Top Bottom