• ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    The back-pay thing makes me mad. The people that went to work...unpaid....yes, I agree they should get back-pay. The folks that sat at home and did nothing. No. They should not get back-pay.

If you think about it, back-pay for those who sat at home is the same as using our tax dollars to give "non-essential" people a 35 day paid vacation.

furthermore, if you think about it, we just survived a month without these non-essential people working. I think we could cut those budgets next year by at least 1/12th (8%). That would be a huge savings, and apparently virtually no impact to the county.
    Yup.

So, they should have been working like the others.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The back-pay thing makes me mad. The people that went to work...unpaid....yes, I agree they should get back-pay. The folks that sat at home and did nothing. No. They should not get back-pay.

If you think about it, back-pay for those who sat at home is the same as using our tax dollars to give "non-essential" people a 35 day paid vacation.

furthermore, if you think about it, we just survived a month without these non-essential people working. I think we could cut those budgets next year by at least 1/12th (8%). That would be a huge savings, and apparently virtually no impact to the county.

I thing an expectation of preparedness, is probably why simply eliminating the positions of "non-essential" personnel is bad idea.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    I kinda agree, but the democrats ultimately get the W. The D's base is much happier than the R's, and Pelosi has just justified her reinstatement to the position of speaker.

But that was always going to be the outcome. That's why it was dumb for the Republicans to shut down the government in the first place.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city

We are paying Congress hundreds of millions to do nothing and Jet set all over the world. The crumbs we give Govt workers is not my main concern

Notropis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2018
    NWI
    I won't make friends with this, but Trump is pretty darn incompetent as president (and outstanding as a campaigner). This is a massive loss to him and a significant "cave". He agreed to the very deal passed before Pelosi took office. He got NOTHING in exchange for negative media attention, a black eye and elevating Nancy Pelosi. It's obvious there will not be a wall or he will get a thousand bucks and claim victory. The real outrage (from those of us who believe the current law should be followed and we should protect our sovereignty) falls on Senate republicans who refuse to defend our sovereignty even with a whopping majority.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Also I'd stop paying people to have kids they cant feed on their own.
    What's the consequence in 2019 america if you cant afford to take care of yourself and your kids? Oh the other tax payers will send you a check via the government. And the more kids you have you can get paid even more. Spread your legs for cash. Even better if they're from different fathers.
    We pay people to be failures.
    In the real world once we get back to it, bad decisions have fatal consequences. Yep, bad **** happens and people starve and die. Dont be a dumb **** and bad **** that can be prevented wont happen to you.
    Hell now we will even help keep you alive if you OD so you can try again over and over and over. Hell it's only someone elses money right.

This is the left for you.

I hardly ever need to post in these types of threads cause you just post what I'm thinking

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Really? You would throw away a vote because he gave them 3 weeks or he will use executive powers or otherwise?

I can see it now, people running to the voting booth to vote for who? Which anti-American are you willing to put in power over this?
    :+1:

I'm voting for Elizabeth Warren because Trump "opened" the .gov for three weeks so people could get paid.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Disappointed now but I may feel redeemed in next three weeks. Remains to be seen. He is giving them a chance to do what they said they’d Do if we signed the bill. If they lied like every other time, trump has all the cover he needs to it anyway and score politically. If he doesn’t do it, then he loses big

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Capture.jpg

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Really? You would throw away a vote because he gave them 3 weeks or he will use executive powers or otherwise?

I can see it now, people running to the voting booth to vote for who? Which anti-American are you willing to put in power over this?
    Yeah this is why people need to not quit their day Jobs.

Top Bottom