• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    AF1 has landed many times at SBN, NP. That won't be an issue. The bigger issue will be the motorcade. That's a drive. I have seen a couple motorcade's go to the LTV plant on 20. Elkhart is a bit farther up the road. That might make landing a bit closer more practical.

My boy and I scored tickets. What is the general rule on how earlier to show up?
    Cool! Easier for all involved. I was basing my assessment off main runway at SBN being listed as 8400 x 150 ft. Wingspan on the 747 is 196 feet. Runway/Taxiway clearance marginal on width concerns

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Trump must be pretty tired in elkhart afterflying to andrews and then back to the white house and then to Indiana.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    They will probably bring marine 1 for this trip. Maybe not.

That's what I was thinking. Elkhart's little airport is just a few minutes from Northside Gym. Land in SB, hop on the chopper for a quick flight to Elkhart, motorcade to the gym.

Their were a ton of trucks at the gym yesterday afternoon from a local rental place. This AM they had a bunch of temporary concrete barriers set up, what looked like a huge AC unit and two big compressor/generator lookin things next to it. That gym is pretty old, and primarily a basketball venue. Being a winter sport, I guess it might not have AC.

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    ..... What is the general rule on how earlier to show up?

Perhaps you should already be lined up out on the sidewalk like those shown on the news this morning. The 112 ByPass (Bristol St) will be closed between Cassopolis and Main from 3 pm until after the Prez leaves. Anyone familiar with Elkhart knows this is normally a very busy north/south traffic artery on any given weekday. Can't even begin to imagine setting on the Northside bleachers from 4:00 pm until the event begins after 7:00. Last Prez I saw up close and in person was Johnson.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I went around the gym this morning. The north parking lot is still filled up with box trucks and a big excavator. Looks like they are putting a big covered walkway up at the north entrance. Kids were playing on the track area on the east side. The news this morning said a lot of the businesses are letting people park like the restaurant I ate at this morning. They close at 2 anyway they said. So there will be a lot of walkers on Bristol St. I only saw one unmarked car in that north side area.

ETA: they appear to be working on the lights at US 33 and the US 20 Bypass. BUnch of utility trucks and a couple of Sheriff's vehicles there. US 33 is down to one lane on both directions, so if that is still going on this evening, it could be a mess there too.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Just got a call from the daughter. She lives by the Elkhart airport. She said there were 30-40 highway trucks out there gathering.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    It went pretty smooth. Just small groups of protestors, nothing violent. We had over 200 officers at the event. I don't think anyone got arrested.

I was outside on the south side of the school. When we shut the doors, there was probably still close to 10,000 people waiting in line. A few thousand of them stayed and listened to the speech on the loudspeaker outside. Overall, a very overwhelming turnout of support for President Trump. We kept the protestors isolated and far away from the venue. A couple groups walked through, but they were mostly ignored by the crowd, so they moved on.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    It went pretty smooth. Just small groups of protestors, nothing violent. We had over 200 officers at the event. I don't think anyone got arrested.

I was outside on the south side of the school. When we shut the doors, there was probably still close to 10,000 people waiting in line. A few thousand of them stayed and listened to the speech on the loudspeaker outside. Overall, a very overwhelming turnout of support for President Trump. We kept the protestors isolated and far away from the venue. A couple groups walked through, but they were mostly ignored by the crowd, so they moved on.
    Wow that's awesome.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville

No curb stomping of protestors? How disappointing

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    yeah I'm still waiting on lying libs to get back to me with dates and locations of gays that were beaten and killed by trump supporters. They always fall silent when you ask them for facts. Its amazing

It must have been those trump supporters I keep seeing with the black masks and jackets on assaulting people. Oh, wait.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Well worth the listen. Trump on the soon opening embassy in Jerusalem...

[video=youtube;4Go7JOy_Vw4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Go7JOy_Vw4[/video]

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    I took the son and daughter.BIL had already made it in.He said it was almost at capacity by 6:oo.We bailed and decided to walk around and see the sights.The protesters we're the best part,what a freak show.Made it to Bristol/Cassopolis st.and the daughter got a front row for the motorcade coming down Cass st and rounding the curve.The police had everything under control.Went accross the river to sisters and watched it on TV.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Local tv was covering the protestors on FB live. I kept waiting on the fire hoses, but was disappointed...

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Daughter snapped a pic of Marine 1 while flying out of South Bend at 2:30...

n1e5Q8gl.jpg

Top Bottom