• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Is "horizontal construction services" a means of inhibiting successful word searches ?
    I've heard of such being done. Don't know if this is an example.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I know that if I was in the Army Corps of Engineers contracting office I wouldn't have named it anything that would have had congress critters and their staff in my office every day of the week. But this was done in the light, an open Request For Proposal was put on fed.biz with 40 companies competing for a slice of the pie. It was just done in a way that almost no one seems to have noticed even yet.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Is "horizontal construction services" a means of inhibiting successful word searches ?

"Horizontal construction services" sounds like a contract that should be bid on by women of easy virtue

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    [All those companies]...will compete for each order of the $5,000,000,000 firm-fixed-price contract for horizontal construction services in support of the Department of Homeland Security, Rio Grande Valley, Laredo, Del Rio, Big Bend and El Paso Border Patrol sectors.
    https://www.dcicontracts.com/app/sample-news-story.html?id=1489633

Yeah, I'd say that's the wall. And in Texas! Woot! The five sectors listed cover the entire Texas-Mexico border.

I just hope they get the lead out and start cranking out wall.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas

Searching around: "Vertical construction" is building stuff that goes up; essentially buildings. "Horizontal construction" is building stuff sideways. Scraping dirt, roads, air fields, fill, railroads...walls.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    And so it begins...first contract awarded and construction to start in TX.

Southwest Valley Constructors Co., Albuquerque, New Mexico, was awarded an $80,869,000 contract for design-build horizontal construction in support of the Department of Homeland Security in McAllen, Texas. Three bids were solicited with three bids received. Work will be performed in McAllen, Texas, with an estimated completion date of April 28, 2021. Fiscal 2019 Department of Homeland Security funds in the amount of $80,869,000 were obligated at the time of the award. U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Fort Worth, Texas, is the contracting activity (W9126G-19-C-0118).

Next year pictures of wall construction will be a campaign narrative...probably for both sides of the aisle.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    And so it begins...first contract awarded and construction to start in TX.

Southwest Valley Constructors Co., Albuquerque, New Mexico, was awarded an $80,869,000 contract for design-build horizontal construction in support of the Department of Homeland Security in McAllen, Texas. Three bids were solicited with three bids received. Work will be performed in McAllen, Texas, with an estimated completion date of April 28, 2021. Fiscal 2019 Department of Homeland Security funds in the amount of $80,869,000 were obligated at the time of the award. U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Fort Worth, Texas, is the contracting activity (W9126G-19-C-0118).

Next year pictures of wall construction will be a campaign narrative...probably for both sides of the aisle.

Build, baby, build!

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    I'd like to have those bouncing balls like in "The Prisoner" but yeah, wall is good.

Top Bottom