• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    All I was saying is that it was not an EO. Period. Full stop.
    yeah, I got that. Which is why I searched through Trump’s EO’s. I went back to 1/2018 and didn’t find one for that. I suppose it’s possible he wrote one befor that but I thought it would have been closer to the date of Trump’s tweet which I think was around 3/2018.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    They've always been able to change definitions without any oversight. Remember pistol braces? "Can't let those touch your shoulder or you've created an SBR!" Then... "Nevermind. It's okay now. We changed our minds." :dunno: No executive order, no congressional change in the law or definition, just the whim of the ATF. So it works both ways...

We’re not talking about the brace. That has nothing to do with Trump ordering this bumpstock ban. Are you seriously saying Trump did not order the ban? I want to be sure what it is you’re claiming.

I wasn't as clear as blue falcon. Mea culpa, but that's all I was getting at too.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Trump will win this in the courts. Because the impotent congress gave the office of the president the authority to do it.
    We live in the world of the backdoor no lube screwing thanks to lawyers in politics today. It will never get better

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    I like Trump. He's one of the best presidents I have seen in my adult life; since I've been voting. It will be shameful if the American citizen does not keep him in office.

2020 - Vote Trump, or you can kiss your freedom away. Don't think for one second that the next liberal president will NOT take the USA down a path of no return; the USA as we know it will be forever changed. As we speak, the fight is on.....and they are NOT playing fairly.

(correction made - thanks Kut)

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I like Trump. He's one of the best presidents I have seen in my adult life; since I've been voting. It will be shameful if the American citizen does not keep him in office.

2020 - Vote Trump, or you can kiss your freedom away. Don't think for one second that the next liberal president will take the USA down a path of no return; the USA as we know it will be forever changed. As we speak, the fight is on.....and they are NOT playing fairly.

Agreed, lol

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    So do we know what the context of his not supporting "assault weapons" was" A lot of times quotes are incorrectly used or alters to sway public opinion. The Dems are experts at it.

"I generally oppose gun control, but I support the ban on assault weapons and I support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun. With today’s Internet technology we should be able to tell within 72-hours if a potential gun owner has a record."

-Donald Trump, "The America We Deserve", page 102, July 2, 2000.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I don't think that his presidency isn't about the nation. It is about himself, it's pretty evident that many of the things he's trying to do is what he wants America to be. And some of that is better, and some of that is worse.

Does that count as one of those 'vision things'? Asking for a friend

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I may be mistaken, but I don't think that happened under Trump. And yes, odds are that the ATF took it upon themselves to re-evaluate the accessory. The difference, IMO, is that we hadn't heard a thing about the BATFE doing anything about bumpstocks, until after Las Vegas, and the president made a comment about doing "something." So at the very least, if he didn't directly order the ban one bump stocks (which I, personally, think he did), he gave them the opportunity, through his words, to look into the matter.

Well maybe we should move some of those the BATFE people to DoJ; because there is certainly a lot of official corruption, of great consequence, that they would be able to look into since he "... gave them the opportunity, through his words ..."

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    NeverTrumpers slinging around "loyalty" as a poor trait of those who support our president don't seem to have an alternative. :dunno:

Other than of course disillusioning and poisoning the middle ground voters into not voting, throwing their vote away or even voting for the enemy.
    This whole allegiance vs. the enemy thing is so lazy. There are tons of reasons to be disillusioned with the guy imposing gun control by executive order as well as asserting a huge expansion of federal executive power.

I don't know why you think you get to dictate how others have to vote based on your purity standard.

There are lots of arguments why one can or should support Trump, because you say I must or I support the enemy is not one of them.

Last edited:

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    An executive order is a direction to an executive agency of how to apply existing law. There is no codification requirement, it is a descriptive name, not a legal term. Trump explicitly stated he was doing this on bump stocks. He directed the ATF to do it, and held a press conference about it. You remember the "I'm writing those out" presser?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom