• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    We "lost" the Supreme Court many years ago. Even Scalia believed the 2nd could be infringed "reasonably". Warren Burger believed it only applied to the National Guard. Bader just wants to repeal it to make us all "safer". Those "clowns" all made it through law school somehow. Personally I have a problem with Justices telling me what the Constitution "says" or "means". It was written in English - not some secret legal code that only those with a Degree in Latin could grasp, but in very clear and concise English. Most Americans can read and comprehend English well enough to determine what "shall not" means. Even a child can grasp that. It's not a complex concept. It does not require translation to make the stupid liberals comfy. It does not require someone's "opinion" regarding just how much it can be violated. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We "lost" the Supreme Court many years ago. Even Scalia believed the 2nd could be infringed "reasonably". Warren Burger believed it only applied to the National Guard. Bader just wants to repeal it to make us all "safer". Those "clowns" all made it through law school somehow. Personally I have a problem with Justices telling me what the Constitution "says" or "means". It was written in English - not some secret legal code that only those with a Degree in Latin could grasp, but in very clear and concise English. Most Americans can read and comprehend English well enough to determine what "shall not" means. Even a child can grasp that. It's not a complex concept. It does not require translation to make the stupid liberals comfy. It does not require someone's "opinion" regarding just how much it can be violated. :rolleyes:

The courts have become another tool of the left. When they can not get there way in the senate/house they effect law from the bench.
    Now tell me again that judges are not being well compensated.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Here's the issue. At no time, not ever, has there not been a law or a policy that hasn't infringed on most liberal interpretation of the 2nd Amendment. The failure to settle the question early in our nation's history, is why we are in the place we are today.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Here's the issue. At no time, not ever, has there not been a law or a policy that hasn't infringed on most liberal interpretation of the 2nd Amendment. The failure to settle the question early in our nation's history, is why we are in the place we are today.

Truth.

As with so many of the serious issues we are now facing.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Part of why the Supreme Court is there is to provide definitions in grey areas. The 2A is not so grey that it could be interpreted to mean all the things that the activists want it to mean. But people even disagree on what the Supreme Court is for. Some think this the SOTUS's role to provide a better outcome for the subjects of their activism.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Very bad advice? What makes you think this isn’t the real Trump? “I like to take the funs first.” Who do you think advised him to say that? If anything, people are advising him not to say stupid ****, but he does it anyway!
    Thankfully the last ones to talk to him were more on the pro than anti side of things.

Navyvet59

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Marion
    Its scarry, They better start building more jails because I know many are not going to give up what they have paid good money for. If they try to take guns its going to be a big mess. I caint believe all this is even being considered. If they want to make it more safe work on getting the drug out of here those problems are a million times worse and are killing alot more kids than guns ever did.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ... “I like to take the guns first.” Who do you think advised him to say that?

Pence told him that. It's what we do here in Indiana with the Jake Laird law.

It's arguable pretty successful at dealing with those deemed mentally dangerous to themselves and others? :dunno:

Top Bottom