Trump wants a 4th of July military parade on Pennsylvania Avenue? Good idea?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    No. That sh** is for tyrants with armies that march funny. We are better than that.

We dont need parades to show our worth. We show our worth where the rubber meets the road; in combat. Just like you dont unholster to show your loaded weapon off in public, we dont parade. Wanna see how good we are? Do something to make us kick your ***. Parades are for those that cant fight.
    'Murica!

That's the way I see it.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    No. That sh** is for tyrants with armies that march funny. We are better than that.

We dont need parades to show our worth. We show our worth where the rubber meets the road; in combat. Just like you dont unholster to show your loaded weapon off in public, we dont parade. Wanna see how good we are? Do something to make us kick your ***. Parades are for those that cant fight.
    'Murica!

**** yeah!

Parades are just for tyrants and armies that can't fight? :dunno:

America would like to have a word with you. :)

032317%20TRUMP%20TANKS%20FDR%201%20(1).jpg

JFKWHP-AR6280-1A.jpg

JFKWHP-AR6280-1D.jpg

AP5701210378.jpg

us-army-tanks-pass-eisenhowers-reviewing-stand-during-the-inaugural-F2B5W7.jpg

Parades are not to show your strenght to your enemy.Marching troops don't represent power anymore now that countries have nuclear weapons.
    Parades are a way to honor your troops.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    **** yeah!

Parades are just for tyrants and armies that can't fight? :dunno:

America would like to have a word with you. :)

032317%20TRUMP%20TANKS%20FDR%201%20(1).jpg

JFKWHP-AR6280-1A.jpg

JFKWHP-AR6280-1D.jpg

AP5701210378.jpg

us-army-tanks-pass-eisenhowers-reviewing-stand-during-the-inaugural-F2B5W7.jpg

Parades are not to show your strenght to your enemy.Marching troops don't represent power anymore now that countries have nuclear weapons.
    Parades are a way to honor your troops.

The JFK inauguration parade was NOT a military parade, though it did have a very large military contingent. As far as I know, that is the only one ever of that size.
    The first pic I believe, since the tanks appear to be Jeb Stuarts, is from the WW2 Victory parade, which obviously isn't an issue.

A proposed military parade lacks any traditional significance other than being a **** measuring contest to compare to the other nations that do it, "just to do it."

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Sylvain, my comment is in reference to those armies that march funny and show off their weapons in times of peace because they cant do much more.

Yes, the US has had parades as you referenced. But those were in times of war. I'm talking about the run of the mill parades in a time of peace. Like this one. :):

[video=youtube;QbC6dLG_dQY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbC6dLG_dQY[/video]

If you literally have to prove your presence by high stepping to make a bigger sound, you are trying to compensate. 1st world nations dont need to stomp/goose step to sound bigger than they actually are.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    The JFK inauguration parade was NOT a military parade, though it did have a very large military contingent. As far as I know, that is the only one ever of that size.
    The first pic I believe, since the tanks appear to be Jeb Stuarts, is from the WW2 Victory parade, which obviously isn't an issue.

A proposed military parade lacks any traditional significance other than being a **** measuring contest to compare to the other nations that do it, "just to do it."

I believe you're right for the first picture.
    The last two pictures are Eisenhower's inaugural parade.Lots of troops also, and tanks.

They are military parades to me since the military is parading in front of the president. :dunno:
    It doesn't matter if they do so for the inauguration of a new president or if it's done on National Day.
    They are both a way for the troops to show allegiance to the new commander in chief.

Another one from JFK.

170119123616-tbt-jfk-inauguration-restricted-super-169.jpg

032317%20TRUMP%20TANKS%20JFK%20(1).jpg

Today that would be seen as a very North-Korean-like parade if Trump did this ... maybe for his 2020 inauguration. ;)

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Sylvain, my comment is in reference to those armies that march funny and show off their weapons in times of peace because they cant do much more.

Yes, the US has had parades as you referenced. But those were in times of war. I'm talking about the run of the mill parades in a time of peace. Like this one. :):

If you literally have to prove your presence by high stepping to make a bigger sound, you are trying to compensate. 1st world nations dont need to stomp/goose step to sound bigger than they actually are.

Technically North Korea is still at war though.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    There are plenty of ceremonial and band units that can participate in a parade, it's their job. It's been a long time since tanks rolled down the streets here in DC. A company of main battle tanks will do a lot more damage to the infrastructure than some light/medium tanks...the roads here (in DC currently) are bad enough.

Then you'd have to get them to the city, by railhead no doubt, and DC is not an industrial hub. It would be a lot of work and expense and possibly cause damage that would take years of work to repair.

Just send the band. Maybe a few Hummers and some HEMETS, some strikers maybe, keep the tracked vehicles at home. Besides the last thing a just deployed troop wants is to be sent to a parade where he gets to spend yet another week away from family and friends getting yelled at for not looking pretty enough.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    But anyone else notice something about those military parades? All shot in black and white. Why is that?

Right. Because we dont do them anymore.

Am I against units marching in a parade? Hells no. Do I think we should have a parade of nothing but military for some reason, presumably to show our might? Same answer as before. Its a waste and is nothing but useless chest thumping.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I can't come with good reason to do it?
    But I would like to see it!

Did I ever tell you guys about the time I was in a Change of Command?
    With fixed bayonets and almost was ran over by a horse!

BTW
    You tax money pays for a Mule and a Goat at Ft. SILL,OK

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I can't come with good reason to do it?
    But I would like to see it!

Did I ever tell you guys about the time I was in a Change of Command?
    With fixed bayonets and almost was ran over by a horse!

BTW
    You tax money pays for a Mule and a Goat at Ft. SILL,OK

Hey, I said it would be awesome to see too. No doubt about that. But like I said, it's wasteful and really doesn't fit into the character of our nation.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Watching that video reminded me why I could never be married to a woman from the East.....

"You cheated on me!!!!"

"I thought it was you....I really did..."

"She looks nothing like me..."

"Really??? Look me in the eye and tell me that with a straight face..."

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Watching that video reminded me why I could never be married to a woman from the East.....

"You cheated on me!!!!"

"I thought it was you....I really did..."

"She looks nothing like me..."

"Really??? Look me in the eye and tell me that with a straight face..."

I know you're joking, but bad taste Indi, bad taste.

Top Bottom