Trump wants a 4th of July military parade on Pennsylvania Avenue? Good idea?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ikendrick15

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2016
    Evansville
    I think it would be kind of cool to see, but with the current political climate I think it would be a terrible idea especially since so many people already don’t trust the government because it’s basically a show of force.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I'm reminded of another time there was a military Bonus March in DC.

MacArthur-and-Patton.jpg

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

The official also said that experts put to rest concerns about whether the Abrams tank, which weighs just shy of 70 tons, would ruin infrastructure in Washington. Their analysis found that, because of the vehicle's distributed weight and track pads, the streets of the nation's capital would not be compromised.

In Paris the city complained about the tanks and for several years they didn't take part in the parade.

The Army says the tanks don't dammage the roads but the city says it's costing them 200,000 euros after each parade to fix the road. :dunno:

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I thought $92,000,000 sounded like a lot of money, but then I realized you could only buy 657 copies of my house for that.

It blows my mind how small an amount of money that is to the Washington DC “elites”.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Why does it cost anything at all anyway? Don’t we already own the tanks and humvees? Aren’t we already paying the soldiers salaries? Are we renting a military to parade around the city? This is equipment and personnel that are already being paid for, instead of rolling them around on base, make a right turn and head down the city streets.

And to everyone referencing the nazi similarity, is it similar when we have air shows and fly f16’s for everyone to see the awesomeness of? I think it’s our tax money being spent on these machines, there’s no logical reason we shouldn’t be able to see them. Unless, of course, you truly wear a tinfoil hat and think this is the prelude to fema camps.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    We could hire the Chinese army for our parading needs. Top notch for a fraction of the cost ...delivered. ;)

[video=youtube;---g-f_I2yQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=---g-f_I2yQ[/video]

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Why does it cost anything at all anyway? Don’t we already own the tanks and humvees? Aren’t we already paying the soldiers salaries? Are we renting a military to parade around the city? This is equipment and personnel that are already being paid for, instead of rolling them around on base, make a right turn and head down the city streets.

And to everyone referencing the nazi similarity, is it similar when we have air shows and fly f16’s for everyone to see the awesomeness of? I think it’s our tax money being spent on these machines, there’s no logical reason we shouldn’t be able to see them. Unless, of course, you truly wear a tinfoil hat and think this is the prelude to fema camps.

Depending on the source, some will include the cost of the salaries, and the cost of the weapons.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Pentagon announces there will be NO military parade in November, as originally requested by Trump. Statement says Pentagon and White House "have now agreed to explore opportunities in 2019."

Top Bottom