• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I've been wanting one of these anyway, so I agree it's the way to go...Plus they can stay nice when getting beat around in the trunk...

3_jics.jpg

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    If you want to go with the SKS or Mosin or AK, you can always fashion your own mount. I've seen many custom mounts and if you're in the area I can show you want I mean. I can't find any pictures online as my search-foo is weak today, but I can visualize at least three secure mounts in my head for all different areas. It's just a question of how sensitive are you to drilling holes in your trunk? :dunno:

Flitmob

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    I have long thought about a trunk weapon, but am unsure of how to mount it to my trunk deck lid. If anyone knows how to build one or has one, PM me. I a am very interested in having an AK back there

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I've been wanting one of these anyway, so I agree it's the way to go...Plus they can stay nice when getting beat around in the trunk...

3_jics.jpg

Nice, but difficult shotty to work with effectively. Would make for good storage, however IN law may view it as a handgun and thus anyone driving the car would need to have an LTCH (see many threads debating this).

Most importantly, be sure to train on this firearm. And do not lose a tooth doing it (see INGO thread on that too...).

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Nice, but difficult shotty to work with effectively. Would make for good storage, however IN law may view it as a handgun and thus anyone driving the car would need to have an LTCH (see many threads debating this).

Most importantly, be sure to train on this firearm. And do not lose a tooth doing it (see INGO thread on that too...).

Also, you must look look like this:
    Resident_Evil_Milla_Jovovich_1.jpg

or it would be a violation of Jeremy's Silly Shotgun Doctrine.

I would like to propose an amendment to the doctrine stating that unless you look like this:
    tactical-riot-gear.jpg

you should not carry "rubber rounds". :p

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I've heard a lot of LEO's talk negative about the overhead in the cab. Anyone else ever try this? Wouldn't be a good option here in the city, of course, but for to and from the range might not be a bad idea...

I just don't see where it's lock tight? And if it's locked to it, how hard would it be to unscrew and take off? I'd rather have something with rivets or something that can't be taken off in 5-10 minutes.

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN

Yup my pistol grip I have thought about putting in, is consider a handgun, even gets called in that way.

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    I've heard a lot of LEO's talk negative about the overhead in the cab. Anyone else ever try this? Wouldn't be a good option here in the city, of course, but for to and from the range might not be a bad idea...

I just don't see where it's lock tight? And if it's locked to it, how hard would it be to unscrew and take off? I'd rather have something with rivets or something that can't be taken off in 5-10 minutes.

Rivets can be drilled out in a matter of seconds with the right bit.

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    I have long thought about a trunk weapon, but am unsure of how to mount it to my trunk deck lid. If anyone knows how to build one or has one, PM me. I a am very interested in having an AK back there

You are gettting of topic. Unless you are talking about a mossburg 500 or a mosin dont try jacking this thread. The op dosn't need your extra feedback.:welcome:

swatdoc

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Franklin
    Be careful with the overhead shotgun mounts inside your passenger compartment. I've taken care of a couple of IMPD officers with nasty scalp lacerations. Both were in minor MVC's they would have walked away from without any injury, but for those shotgun mounts.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Rivets can be drilled out in a matter of seconds with the right bit.

Then there has to be SOME way to lock it in place without it being stealable. And if not, then try to secure it at all?

Actually I asked for weapon recommendations...

Shotguns are good for close quarters, but IF SHTF.... What are you going to do if the aggressor is behind cover 200yds away? Maybe they have you outnumbered with no chance of running with a disabled vehicle? Chances of surviving in this situation would be slim, but a shotgun isn't going to give you a chance. Granted, getting IN your trunk would be somewhat tricky. For me it's just a matter of reaching in the back of my ext.cab truck.

A mosin is cheap and powerful, but rate of fire is too slow. AR's are nice and accurate, but I wouldn't consider an AR a trunk gun. Maybe if I was RICH... :):

My personal recommendation would be a .223 Keltec or a cheap AK variant. Maybe a CX4 carbine? A little higher end than I would like though. An SKS with at least a 20rnd mag, either fixed or detachable with extra stripper clips would be ideal considering the price of the SKS is dirt cheap compared to the others. It's not quite an AR, but it's not quite an AK either. I consider it a balance of both in that it's more accurate than an AK and just as reliable as one. :dunno: Plus, if it DOES get stolen, you're out, what, $250? Better than 4-600 with the Keltec or AK....

Just a thought.

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    Then there has to be SOME way to lock it in place without it being stealable. And if not, then try to secure it at all?

Shotguns are good for close quarters, but IF SHTF.... What are you going to do if the aggressor is behind cover 200yds away? Maybe they have you outnumbered with no chance of running with a disabled vehicle? Chances of surviving in this situation would be slim, but a shotgun isn't going to give you a chance. Granted, getting IN your trunk would be somewhat tricky. For me it's just a matter of reaching in the back of my ext.cab truck.

A mosin is cheap and powerful, but rate of fire is too slow. AR's are nice and accurate, but I wouldn't consider an AR a trunk gun. Maybe if I was RICH... :):

My personal recommendation would be a .223 Keltec or a cheap AK variant. Maybe a CX4 carbine? A little higher end than I would like though. An SKS with at least a 20rnd mag, either fixed or detachable with extra stripper clips would be ideal considering the price of the SKS is dirt cheap compared to the others. It's not quite an AR, but it's not quite an AK either. I consider it a balance of both in that it's more accurate than an AK and just as reliable as one. :dunno: Plus, if it DOES get stolen, you're out, what, $250? Better than 4-600 with the Keltec or AK....

Just a thought.

Trunk access is easy, depending on how it's mounted, I either reach into the back seat and pull the seat down, or if I couldn't access it that way, say a lock was facing the other way, then I'd have to get out.

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    Alright, I'm torn between putting an sks in there, or a mossberg 500a...

Mossberg I know how to mount, the tufloc mount...

SkS, I'm figuring bike lock through the trigger guard, attached to either the spare, or the trunk hinges... any other mounting suggestions?

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Alright, I'm torn between putting an sks in there, or a mossberg 500a...

Mossberg I know how to mount, the tufloc mount...

SkS, I'm figuring bike lock through the trigger guard, attached to either the spare, or the trunk hinges... any other mounting suggestions?

In the trunk you have a couple options. I would personally not go with a mount. I would cut some of the carpeting along the sides and hide it in there. Muzzle facing the rear. Most models have enough room. Otherwise go with a mount of some kind. Something that would mount to the seat would be good I think.

And unless you can find a theft-proof way of securing it, I wouldn't worry about a lock.

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    In the trunk you have a couple options. I would personally not go with a mount. I would cut some of the carpeting along the sides and hide it in there. Muzzle facing the rear. Most models have enough room. Otherwise go with a mount of some kind. Something that would mount to the seat would be good I think.

And unless you can find a theft-proof way of securing it, I wouldn't worry about a lock.

Neon's don't have spacious trunks really... and mounting to the rear seat isn't good because then it would keep the seats from folding down from the inside of the passenger area as they fold down in two pieces. Hrmmm... I guess I'll just have to take the sks and the mossberg out in the am and first see what positions they fit in then go from there.

Flitmob

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Originally Posted by tom1025
    You are gettting of topic. Unless you are talking about a mossburg 500 or a mosin dont try jacking this thread. The op dosn't need your extra feedback.:welcome:
    Actually I asked for weapon recommendations...

I was not trying to jack this thread, installing a weapon in your car is the issue and I am still hoping someone can tell me how to mount an AK or a shotgun, or whatever on the inside of my trunk deck. I have a handgun that I carry in the car, but figure it would be nice to have something with a little more power in case I ran into a little more trouble then a handgun can handle!

I was not trying to jack the thread (i dont even know what that means) sorry if I offended anyone!

Top Bottom