• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • linc_man

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    I love my sig sp2022 and enjoy to it as my ccw (iwb)....but even though summer is about gone im looking for a smaller pistol to carry during those months or even still during the winter months. Im having a hard time deciding between a p229 or p239....i feel that if i get the p229 i will be in the same boat trying to conceal it with a t-shirt because of printing...but at the same time only 7 or 8 rounds in the smaller p239 makes me kinda un easy...i also looked the p238 but i really like the bigger pistol feel of the other two rather than the small p238...
    any input or pics would be appreciated thanks !!!

Plinkuh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    I carried a P239 for awhile. It concealed nicely and cooperated with my body type. Also, 8 rounds of +P 124gr Remington Gold Sabers will never make me feel uneasy. Just my :twocents:

David

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2011
    In a combat situation the advantages of extra magazine capacity are obvious, but in a self defense situation i'm not so sure. I think that if you can't diffuse the situation with 8 rounds you're probably in over your head and a few more probably wont help.

linc_man

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    hahaha yea i can see that your both right, but in Iraq there is never enough ammo i think im just paranoid !! lol thanks fellas

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I will say that a good quality IWB like Crossbreed, Comp-Tac or the Raven Phatom coupled with a good high-quality belt will go a long way in helping carry anything you like. Dressing around the gun with slightly longer shirts is another must...but the most telling part about carrying is your attitude and how you present yourself. If you act suspicious you'll be looked at like you are a suspicious person. Very few people honestly are on the lookout for anyone printing so adjusting your wardrobe slightly to carry the gun you feel much better about is the way to go both in terms of being familiar with the gun you are carrying but also financially since $300 for shirts, belt and holster goes a lot farther than $300 for a new gun.

I regularly carry my Glock 21 OWB with a long shirt everywhere I go. I maintain that you could walk into Walmart with a monkey on your head and your junk hanging out of your pants and would only warrant a passing glance. Carrying your favorite SIG, even though it is a full-sized piece, isn't like carrying a neon sign with the words "GUN CARRYING INDIVIDUAL" on it. Relax, carry what you are most comfortable with... and spend the money on that good quality belt, holster and lots of self-defense ammo!

Top Bottom