• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2009
    Dyer
    This time next year we'll need papers to travel from state to state. Just like the communists did in the Soviet Union. And the usual idiots will praise it because "if you don't like it you don't have to travel."

This would be AWESOME. That means the "State of Indiana" would be independent from the others.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    This time next year we'll need papers to travel from state to state. Just like the communists did in the Soviet Union. And the usual idiots will praise it because "if you don't like it you don't have to travel."
    Or we'll hear the familiar "If you have nothing to hide you shouldn't mind...".

Freedom Ninja

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    Ninja Hideout
    What if the TSA checkpoints were at the end of your driveway?

^ Posted 4 days ago in another TSA related thread. It is no longer a "what if" scenario I guess. Good call Rambone.

On a different note, I wonder what the legal ramifications would be if they were to consistently set up shop on Indiana's toll road. If I were trying to make a profit by leasing foreign property, and the foreign local/federal government kept trespassing and scaring all of my customers away, I don't think I would like that very much to say the least.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    ^ Posted 4 days ago in another TSA related thread. It is no longer a "what if" scenario I guess. Good call Rambone.

On a different note, I wonder what the legal ramifications would be if they were to consistently set up shop on Indiana's toll road. If I were trying to make a profit by leasing foreign property, and the foreign local/federal government kept trespassing and scaring all of my customers away, I don't think I would like that very much to say the least.

None. In the name of "national security" and "stopping terror" liberty in the USA has gone down the toilet! The sheep out of fear and ignorance are willing to allow the gov to continue to provide "security" all the while not realizing that they are losing their liberty/freedom.

:xmad:

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    "The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized." - 4th Amendment

"Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security." - Declaration of Indpendence

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

I weep for our children :(

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Wait till the TSA is issued Firearms and I'm sure that day is coming sooner than later. I almost wonder if the TSA Stormtroopers will be the civilian armed security force that Obama alluded to. :noway:

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Wait till the TSA is issued Firearms and I'm sure that day is coming sooner than later. I almost wonder if the TSA Stormtroopers will be the civilian armed security force that Obama alluded to. :noway:

That first video you posted reminded me of something you'd see in RoboCop. What is it going to take to get these agencies to stop from violating us?:dunno:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Tar and feathers at the low end of the scale.

Nope...

At the low end (ie. for me means those of government aid) you will get riots once their welfare debit cards are at 0.00 balance and no additional funds are added to it. They will demand and riot that they are being discriminated and that it's inhuman that they can't get no food, no housing, no clothing, no cellphone, no anything.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I'm curious how they are able to compel anyone to stop. With sobriety checkpoints, at least the police allow you to an opportunity to turn and go another route before you reach it.

What can they do if you refuse to stop? What can they do if you refuse to respond to them?

How can they conduct the searches without consent/warrant? I can see some room for argument on the stop (or rather a lack of compelling argument against it--it's not a search/seizure). But the search without consent/warrant is beyond the pale.

It won't take long for all warrant-less searches to be done in the name of national security to make and end-run around the Constitution.

Since this is relatively new it's doubtful the Supreme Court has heard any cases on it. Although I'm sure it'll happen soon enough.

But it's not new. Changing the face or the name of the government agent conducting the search doesn't change the fact that it's still the government.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    But it's not new. Changing the face or the name of the government agent conducting the search doesn't change the fact that it's still the government.

This is what I was getting at in my post. These "types" of checkpoints have been ruled on by The Supreme Court in the past. 110% Constitutional. These stops are simply the Constitution working as intended. 100 miles inland, all along our border, SCOTUS has said its a-ok to set up proof of government papers checkpoints. Why would they rule any different for the TSA than they did for Border Patrol. Again, this is the Constitution working as intended.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    This is some seriously funny crap, quote from OP's linked web page:

"This is a live operation intent on deterring would-be terrorists or criminal activity,"

The freaking borders to the country are WIDE open with little to nonexistent concern on the part of the federal government as to the security of this country. So they are going to let any jack hole in, then start setting up Nazi check points to enforce some kind of control? Its like the ridiculously ineffective war on drugs. Is this supposed to be some fake show of concern on the part of the corrupt federal government?

This country is rapidly becoming a bad joke.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    This is what I was getting at in my post. These "types" of checkpoints have been ruled on by The Supreme Court in the past. 110% Constitutional. These stops are simply the Constitution working as intended. 100 miles inland, all along our border, SCOTUS has said its a-ok to set up proof of government papers checkpoints. Why would they rule any different for the TSA than they did for Border Patrol. Again, this is the Constitution working as intended.

Checkpoint does not equate to search. I conceded the authority and power to STOP vehicles. What I question is the authority to SEARCH without consent/warrant/PC.

I was under the impression that searches were taking place with or without consent based on this:

Mostly trucks were being checked, Minerly said. Shortly before 6 p.m., nothing had been recovered in the operation, he said.

I realize that doesn't specifically imply physical search, but I think that's the implication being made. What is "checked" if not searched? :dunno: Not really enough information to tell for sure though, unfortunately.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Checkpoint does not equate to search. I conceded the authority and power to STOP vehicles. What I question is the authority to SEARCH without consent/warrant/PC.

I was under the impression that searches were taking place with or without consent based on this:

I realize that doesn't specifically imply physical search, but I think that's the implication being made. What is "checked" if not searched? :dunno: Not really enough information to tell for sure though, unfortunately.

In my opinion, anything more than a momentary pause at a stop-sign is too much. I shouldn't have to stop and explain myself, show my papers, or jump through any other hoops whatsoever, without probable cause.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    In my opinion, anything more than a momentary pause at a stop-sign is too much. I shouldn't have to stop and explain myself, show my papers, or jump through any other hoops whatsoever, without probable cause.

The TSA Indy Operation Viper was aimed at the city's local publicly funded bus service and was conducted on the public sidewalk at 2 bus stops. The searches were voluntary BUT if you didn't volunteer for the TSA Search you were NOT Allowed to Board the City Bus.

Drum Roll........ Now Wait for it. In Typical TSA Fashion, you could simply walk across the street and Board the Same City Bus Unmolested and Unsearched by the TSA :dunno:

This is the same Idiotic Policy thats being forced upon us by the TSA in the Name of Passenger Safety :noway:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    but 4sarge it's not about "searching you" or "safety" it's about conditioning the people. TSA is doing baby steps. Condition them a little bit at a time and before you know it the people won't resist.

Top Bottom