• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    And he made and sold thousands of flamethrowers a few months ago via The Boring Company that he owns. He can't be all bad.

No, he made and sold propane torches. The kind that have been in farms stores for longer than I've been alive for <$100, and he managed to sell them for $500 each by shaping them like guns.

I only wish I had a dedicated following who would give me such money.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    If he really wanted to buy back stock and transition to private ownership, wasn't this a stupid thing to do? The stock prices are soaring up. The man isn't that stupid. Someone is making some side $.

Disclaimer: I don't own the stock but I love the tech. I do have a buddy working for them in CA.

He's not primarily talking about buying back all the stock. He's talking about taking it private with the owners of publicly traded stock now being the owners of shares in a private firm.

He outlined a plan under which shareholders could be bought out for $420 a share — a 20 percent premium over the stock price after the company’s second-quarter earnings call last week — or they could remain as private shareholders.

TSLA is at $370 currently (down 2.43% from yesterday). Chances are, that $420 will never see the light of day. However, keeping the stockholders in a privately held company with implications, if not outright promises, that $420 will be in the rearview...camera once the company is private? Won't be hard. Musk fanboys are Musk fanboys.

Like I said, more than a little P.T. Barnum.

BTW- there is no real precedent for making shareholders of a publicly traded company shareholders in a company taken private. Not that it can't be done, it's just that it's certainly not common, there is no blueprint, and may not have ever been done.

...and will certainly get the SEC curious. Of course if it is ever successfully pulled off, then the SEC will have to focus on other companies with fantastic claims and unfulfilled orders.

b9CeobiihCx1uG1tpw8hXmpi7nm.jpg

...but with less dancing but probably more historical revisionism.

Last edited:

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I'd like to know how many of us don't try to get all we can from the Government? They give me a tax break on a home improvement that I want, I am going to use it. They offer a monetary incentive that my business can benefit from, I am going to take every bit of it I can.

I don't blame the entrepreneur.

I blame the government.
    :+1: Can’t say it much better than that!

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    This company is so hard to figure out. I don't think it will ever be profitable in our lifetimes....but then you have professional analysts who say it is worth $40,000 per share, not now but in near future. I see it as a company that has spent billions to lose billions and will have to spend many more billions to probably lose many more billions. Who really wants a $100,000+ car that you order online and wait a long time for? Not many dealers, repair centers, parts, have to charge....just nothing really interesting. They sold cars because of tax incentives and a huge cult like following, but the tax incentive is almost used up and then car will cost even more.

People think the real value in Tesla is not the cars at all...the real money is in taxis that need no drivers and semis that need no drivers. I heard the other day there could be a 85% profit margin on them 2 items alone...now think how many semi's and taxi's are in the world. If we replace them 2 categories with vehicles who don't need drivers, and make 85% profit margin, they would be worth 100's of billions.

So in a nutshell...you have to be a true visionary to believe in the future with no drivers in vehicles......and I just can't see it. I can't ever envision a world where vehicles drive around without someone to control it. I mean, look how many Tesla's have crashed just from that autopilot stuff. I also can't see Tesla ever having dealerships and parts inventory like Ford or GM....it would take trillions of dollars. I don't see Tesla surviving as just a car maker unless it is purchased by one of the large manufactures that already have a dealer network.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Really don't know which thread to continue this conversation in...

So last night during Elon's interview with Rogan... he took one puff from a blunt (doesn't look like he even inhaled), and sipped some bourbon while talking.

News orgs today are chalking this up to the reason two Tesla execs have quit, and shares being down 9%.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    It took the new Controller a month to go over the records. He also mentioned something about cobblers' children and barefoot.......

1200px-Ledger.png

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Really don't know which thread to continue this conversation in...

So last night during Elon's interview with Rogan... he took one puff from a blunt (doesn't look like he even inhaled), and sipped some bourbon while talking.

News orgs today are chalking this up to the reason two Tesla execs have quit, and shares being down 9%.

He is one odd duck, but a brilliant man. He is probably a genius, but like most geniuses, he is dumb as a box of rocks on common sense! Guy can build a friggen rocket but don't know how to act in public. I personally don't care what he smokes, but man when you are dealing with peoples money and future, you gotta put yourself in their shoes. Trust is hard to earn and even harder to regain.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    He's brilliant, no doubt.

I've known brilliant people who believed they could outsmart anyone....forgetting that they probably can't outsmart everyone.

He's a master manipulator. Sometimes that's illegal, most times not.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Do you have Tesla solar tiles?

[video=youtube;ABR4KgXoZPE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABR4KgXoZPE[/video]

Probably not.

Top Bottom