• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I think I'm going to write to him and encourage him to up his game. I think he is smart enough to be a good debater. He's just seems too lazy to put in the research. Also, I'd rather his debates were calmer, more reasoned. I like seeing progressives logically defeated. And it's just more delicious when it's done in a calm, reasonable fashion, where the progressive aggressively delivers facile and emotional talking points, and the conservative side calmly dismantles each one.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I think I'm going to write to him and encourage him to up his game. I think he is smart enough to be a good debater. He's just seems too lazy to put in the research. Also, I'd rather his debates were calmer, more reasoned. I like seeing progressives logically defeated. And it's just more delicious when it's done in a calm, reasonable fashion, where the progressive aggressively delivers facile and emotional talking points, and the conservative side calmly dismantles each one.

It seems to me that it's nearly impossible to become an expert an endless list of topics simply by researching -- each and every one of them, a day or so before a show or segment. This guy, TC was debating lives and breathes this anti-gun stuff every day, it's his job. His inconsistencies were obvious to most of us and (some more than others) would have zeroed right in on those inconsistencies and blown him up. There are people out there that are better prepared to counter argue the arguments of this anti-gunner because they also do this everyday. Considering TC looks to be a pedestrian 2A supporter, he did pretty well. If he wants really good debates on his show, rather than he become an expert on everything, I'm thinking he needs a group of reliable experts to call on for these discussions (on a variety of subjects).

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It seems to me that it's nearly impossible to become an expert an endless list of topics simply by researching -- each and every one of them, a day or so before a show or segment. This guy, TC was debating lives and breathes this anti-gun stuff every day, it's his job. His inconsistencies were obvious to most of us and (some more than others) would have zeroed right in on those inconsistencies and blown him up. There are people out there that are better prepared to counter argue the arguments of this anti-gunner because they also do this everyday. Considering TC looks to be a pedestrian 2A supporter, he did pretty well. If he wants really good debates on his show, rather than he become an expert on everything, I'm thinking he needs a group of reliable experts to call on for these discussions (on a variety of subjects).

Yeah. Tucker did okay on this one for someone likely not as invested as many of us are. You bring up a good point though. So far, his show has followed a patter of mostly him bringing on someone he disagrees with, and debating them one-on-one. Then he brings in someone who agrees with him, maybe on that subject or another one, and they talk about how right they are.

I don't think that's going to stay fresh for very long. O'Reilly pulls off something similar, but he's got that type 'A' sort of forceful personality. Carlson just doesn't pull that off in my estimation. Probably better, as you say, bring in others who are better experts on each subject to debate it out while he moderates. That seems to be a tried and true pattern. Works for Hanity, worked for Kelly, works for many CNN "debates", except they tend to bring on idiots to represent the conservative position.

So yeah, either Carlson needs to up his game, or change it. There is only so much partisan embarrassment for our side I'm gonna watch.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

th

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    But patience is boring. We need both sides yelling over each other. Maybe throw some ****. At least get ****faced drunk on national TV.

Ok...that first one sounds like the Hannity Show. That second one sounds like a CNN New Years Eve show. :)

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    "you can put lots of them in the cartridge at the same time"

Where can I get one of them?
    I think Tucker did a good job. You can't argue with a drunk or an idiot, his guest was obviously the latter of the two.. My favorite quote from the exchange was "assault weapons make killing more lethal" What does that mean? You are "double dead" if you are killed with an assault weapon?? Like I said arguing with an idiot is pointless.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I think Tucker did a good job. You can't argue with a drunk or an idiot, his guest was obviously the latter of the two.. My favorite quote from the exchange was "assault weapons make killing more lethal" What does that mean? You are "double dead" if you are killed with an assault weapon?? Like I said arguing with an idiot is pointless.

Dumb thing to say, but they do make it easier to kill people a little bit faster....which should make no difference.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So how did Tucker do on his first show in primetime? I was too busy watching Alabama kick Clemson's ass--until they didn't.

Top Bottom