• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I think we are screwed no matter who wins the next election.

I guess it all depends on your definition of "screwed" because I am pretty sure with a democrat as president with a current democrat congress (assuming the demos win the senate), no doubt something very anti-second amendment would happen. I seriously doubt a republican president would send Rambo to your door demanding your firearms.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I guess it all depends on your definition of "screwed" because I am pretty sure with a democrat as president with a current democrat congress (assuming the demos win the senate), no doubt something very anti-second amendment would happen. I seriously doubt a republican president would send Rambo to your door demanding your firearms.

At least with a Democrat President, the Republicans might actually remember that they are supposed to be pro-gun. As long as Trump decides to support it, the current crop of Republicans seem more than happy to embrace gun control.

Trump_bump_stock.jpg

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I guess it all depends on your definition of "screwed" because I am pretty sure with a democrat as president with a current democrat congress (assuming the demos win the senate), no doubt something very anti-second amendment would happen.

Remind me again how much anti-2A stuff got passed when Obama and the Dems had control of Congress? And he thought he had a mandate at that point, too, "Elections have consequences...." and all that.

It isn't nearly as simple as "Dems will take away gun rights." Many of them certainly want to. But that doesn't mean they can.

We obviously can't be complacent about it, but people shouldn't fear a bogeyman.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Another desperate dumbass Democrat (yes I know that's redundant) looking for attention. It appears the official Dem party strategy is to make utterly ridiculous statements and they're being lead by a senile old fool. The rest of them are trying to catch up. They know the stupid stuff they propose can't fly but it gives them the opportunity to pound their chests and say they tried.

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    What if the liberals were successful in forcing a mandatory gun buy back program with a 6 month timeline before prosecution starting at 100% of the firearm's original MSRP and diminishing the longer one waited during the program? What percentage of gun owners do you think would succumb and turn in? Divide and conquer........

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    What if the liberals were successful in forcing a mandatory gun buy back program with a 6 month timeline before prosecution starting at 100% of the firearm's original MSRP and diminishing the longer one waited during the program? What percentage of gun owners do you think would succumb and turn in? Divide and conquer........

What does “3%” mean to you?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    For that legislation to pass, the war would've already been fought - and lost.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    For that legislation to pass, the war would've already been fought - and lost.

What war, no one will do anything. We're all too concerned with our families and jobs to drop everything and actually fight for this. Right or wrong it's the truth. I hope I am proved wrong as I keep telling myself I will fight this.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    These idiots know they can't defeat Trump, so they're angling to take over congress. That's all this stuff always is until they're actually willing to start kicking doors in. Then it's not going to be good for anyone, and they ALSO know that.

Chalky

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2019
    Central IN
    If it does pass, the amount of time,effort and money to challenge it will be very large. Hoping actions now will keep it from passing.

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    What does “3%” mean to you?

Amen. I know what 3% means to me. Means when they start kicking down doors and arresting law abiding gun owners that I no longer am part of a government / country that does not follow the Constitution. I hope and pray that never happens especillay for our children's sake.
    I guess I am amazed by liberals who think we are all going to just give up our guns willingly because they tell us to. One nut job with an AR can hold all of Odessa & Midland in fear & hiding and the large amount of brave police personnel that it took to stop just one nut job with an AR in Texas. What does Beto think would happen if millions of gun owners (who practice & train and many of us are ex-military) said No way, we will not comply with your mandatory confiscation?

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    I know a liberal who thinks that "law abiding gun owners" means we would turn in our guns if the government would require us to do so. I also believe he would turn anyone in that he believed was in violation of such an order.

I ran some numbers a while ago in a "reality-check" kind of scenario, here is a brief version:

Imagine this, the door kicking has begun and pissed off a lot of people. Of America's estimated gun-owning 30% of the population (327million) that is about 98 million gun owners.
    365 days a year, 4 years in a presidential term, 1460 days.

Forcible collection (including potential resource depleting stand-offs) would be at a rate of 67,000 per day to achieve their goal in one term of horrific violence.

Okay, not realistic enough. Not everyone would resist. 98 million gun owners, 1% resists. 980,000 stalwart, po'd, hardcore, 2A folks.

671 resource depleting, news coverage time-filling standoffs per day across America. Really? Probably not.

Okay, 0.5% put up a "pry it from my cold dead hands/ come and take it, bullets first" attitude. 335 news-events per day that nobody wants to see and cannot be denied. Probably still not good enough.

How many armed stand-offs would not be note-worthy per day, every day, every single day including Sunday, Christmas, and other holidays? 10? 5?

It just ain't gonna happen. Brainwashing, demonization, fear-mongering, social peer-pressure, family members, litigation, supply-limiting, this is how it has to be done and this is how they are doing it.

Sorry, take your rifle and go back inside. Your kids will probably turn it over to the authorities when you're dead.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    "Beto" and think...two mutually exclusive items. If the highly unlikely occurrence of this loser wining the nomination then the election bad things will be in all of our futures. Including the shooting stuff.

COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    This will never happen. Beto is grasping for straws. He know's he has no way to win the nomination so he is looking for anything he can to get attention.

Agreed. That guy is a snake in the grass. Plays on the sheep`s fears.
    I am never turning over my guns-period.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I don't believe the Fed Government, with it's history of violence and erratic behavior, is mentally qualified to purchase my firearm.

Top Bottom