• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scuba591

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Noblesville
    Sent to Rep. Susan Brooks. I'm not much of a wordsmith. Just trying to express my opinion in asking for some form of admonishment.

Message Subject: Admonishmont for D -CA Rep. Eric Swalwell
    Message Text:
    It is with great concern that I write to you today. the recent comments from the Democratic Representative from CA, Eric Swalwell, has me worried greatly. I understand that discussions focusing on firearms are contentious. It is my opinion that words have meanings. When an elected official speaks, most people listen. Great care should be given as to what is said in the public forum. This is a lost art in my opinion. My main concern is that an agent of the government has said that use of a military weapon upon U.S. citizens is a possible option if they do not " fall in line" with an agenda that is contrary to the 2nd amendment. Please find enclosed a link to a media article. https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/nov/16/eric-swalwell-democratic-lawmaker-warns-gun-owners/ Please consider making Representative Swalwell accountable for his comments. So many within my circle are exhausted with the normality of the use of sensational speech from our leaders. I understand that elected officials are also protected by the first amendment. Time and time again so many, on both sides of the aisle, have shown an inability to be our "betters". Please understand, while the topic here is guns, the larger issue for me is the implication that elected officials can somehow influence the use of the military arm of the government to control the populace. As always, continue to uphold your oath of office, attempt each day to do your best to help others, ground yourself with faith and leave things within your control better than they were.

alabasterjar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    Steuben County
    Sent to Rep. Susan Brooks. I'm not much of a wordsmith. Just trying to express my opinion in asking for some form of admonishment.

Message Subject: Admonishmont for D -CA Rep. Eric Swalwell
    Message Text:
    It is with great concern that I write to you today. the recent comments from the Democratic Representative from CA, Eric Swalwell, has me worried greatly. I understand that discussions focusing on firearms are contentious. It is my opinion that words have meanings. When an elected official speaks, most people listen. Great care should be given as to what is said in the public forum. This is a lost art in my opinion. My main concern is that an agent of the government has said that use of a military weapon upon U.S. citizens is a possible option if they do not " fall in line" with an agenda that is contrary to the 2nd amendment. Please find enclosed a link to a media article. https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/nov/16/eric-swalwell-democratic-lawmaker-warns-gun-owners/ Please consider making Representative Swalwell accountable for his comments. So many within my circle are exhausted with the normality of the use of sensational speech from our leaders. I understand that elected officials are also protected by the first amendment. Time and time again so many, on both sides of the aisle, have shown an inability to be our "betters". Please understand, while the topic here is guns, the larger issue for me is the implication that elected officials can somehow influence the use of the military arm of the government to control the populace. As always, continue to uphold your oath of office, attempt each day to do your best to help others, ground yourself with faith and leave things within your control better than they were.
    :yesway:

Notropis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2018
    NWI
    I used to laugh at the shenanigans. Admittedly, a nervous laugh, as they are indeed winning this war. But I'm no longer laughing. If the nation doesn't mend, we'll remember these times as the beginning of civil war. I just don't see how we can easily mend such a divide.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    A fricking congressman threatened to use nukes on American Citizens. There should be protests, there should be marches on Washington, there should be demonstrations. I mean c'mon, where are all the vandals and looters?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Tim's "central-left", so he makes some comments about "maybe we could do something"..
    But has pretty good comments about this otherwise.

[video=youtube;8A68boOjBsk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8A68boOjBsk[/video]

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    DsNT1sWXgAA8OX1.jpg:large

46446050_2574203529477241_65569809714118656_n.jpg

Methane Herder

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Pitchfork Union
    Do you think people that don't see a problem with nuking someone they disagree with either knows, or cares, where the nukes are?

No.

The gatekeepers of armageddon have absolutely no sense of humor when it comes to statements like this and they have a long memory.

What I should have said is this is little different from shouting "fire" in a crowded theater or saying " I have bomb" on an airliner. For most, these acts would involve long converstions with law enforcement. I doubt the Congressman will be bothered by such inconvienieces.

Sorry if I came off as not understanding his true agenda. People often try to make a joke of their deepest and darkest intent. I understood his message. I was just trying to point out his ignorance. How this moron got this far is beyond me....Crap....I forgot he was elected in California.

MH

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    No.

The gatekeepers of armageddon have absolutely no sense of humor when it comes to statements like this and they have a long memory.

What I should have said is this is little different from shouting "fire" in a crowded theater or saying " I have bomb" on an airliner. For most, these acts would involve long converstions with law enforcement. I doubt the Congressman will be bothered by such inconvienieces.

Sorry if I came off as not understanding his true agenda. People often try to make a joke of their deepest and darkest intent. I understood his message. I was just trying to point out his ignorance. How this moron got this far is beyond me....Crap....I forgot he was elected in California.

MH

You didn't say anything that you need to apologize for.
    But most of these people that makes statements such as this (nuking people) seem to think they are experts, yet lack any knowledge of the subject which they are talking about.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    And, Tim points out that the discussion of "nuking" came up because of a bill to ban ALL semi-autos.

ALL.
    Hard to deal in good faith with someone that wants it ALL. And they wonder why we resist giving up ANY.

We know why.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    But most of these people that makes statements such as this (nuking people) seem to think they are experts, yet lack any knowledge of the subject which they are talking about.

I believe SLBMs are the only leg of the triad that don't need PAL codes, since their primary function is 2nd strike. So it would have to be a boomer, or the president would have to be on board (although I've long thought that more people than just the president know/can discern the codes)

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I believe SLBMs are the only leg of the triad that don't need PAL codes, since their primary function is 2nd strike. So it would have to be a boomer, or the president would have to be on board (although I've long thought that more people than just the president know/can discern the codes)

I believe that..
    SLBMs don't have PALs, because that wouldn't work underwater.
    Radio doesn't work underwater. (with some exceptions, such as ELF)

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Politicians....................Drops mic

Top Bottom