• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    I have XS Big Dots on one of my Glocks. I generally like them, but I think I've figured out why. The difference between front and rear illumination. It is harder to hit accurately with them, but faster to hit combat accurately.

I'm wondering if a dual color standard night sight would be the way to go. Everything I read about these has the back a little less bright than the green front. This sounds perfect. Less glaring big bright rear sight.

Anyone use Amber rear and Green front? What did you think?

EdC

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 12, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    Only one gun I have has dual color night sights-Dan Wesson CBOB. Green up front and yellow green in rear (or vice versa). I'm not crazy about it. I like them to be the same.

klrbear

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    I have two Glocks set up with Ameriglo Pro Operator sights (yellow rear, green front) and I love the sight picture. The green really draws my eyes and the yellow gives subtle verification. It is my favorite set up.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I have two Glocks set up with Ameriglo Pro Operator sights (yellow rear, green front) and I love the sight picture. The green really draws my eyes and the yellow gives subtle verification. It is my favorite set up.

My glock is has a similar if not same setup. I like it.

tdoom15

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Big dots are way too inaccurate at distance, I'd definitely move to something else if given the choice.

The yellow rear, green front dot with orange paint on the post is a good option. The other really good option are something like the Heinie Straight 8, one dot on top of the other, it is difficult to mix up.

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    The older you get, the more you'll like it. I have green front and yellow rear on my carry gun now and it is a lot better for me than all green (or all yellow.)

GlockRock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I put the ameriglo two color on my glock. Definitely wish I would have stayed with the one color classic style.

Top Bottom