• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I know the family and likely met the Defendant when she was a little girl. They are known in Lafayette for being hard-working, productive, property-owning citizens.

This must be devastating to them as well. This is so way out of expectations.

laf

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Aug 21, 2011
    Lafayette
    The acorn doesn't fall far from the tree. Must have had hard-working older brothers that taught her how to rob people. Took two of them to rob one guy and only one of them made it out alive also.
    Jaelynn's older brothers, Jontae Billups-Brooks, 18, and Keyonte Billups-Brooks were suspected of beating up and trying to rob Alexander Garcia-Johnson inside a Twyckenham Apartment early Nov. 18, 2018.

https://www.jconline.com/story/news...es-dominos-pizza-delivery-robbery/5748364002/

Specialized

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 97.8%
    87   2   1
    Jan 26, 2011
    Highland, IN
    I know the family and likely met the Defendant when she was a little girl. They are known in Lafayette for being hard-working, productive, property-owning citizens.

This must be devastating to them as well. This is so way out of expectations.

Given their past and the brazen nature of this daughter's crime, perhaps you'll understand that the whole bunch sounds feral to me. Property-owning or not.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Given their past and the brazen nature of this daughter's crime, perhaps you'll understand that the whole bunch sounds feral to me. Property-owning or not.

Not sure what the property-owning bit was about. The Weatherfords (another "well-known" Lafayette family) also owned property. :n00b:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    The acorn doesn't fall far from the tree. Must have had hard-working older brothers that taught her how to rob people. Took two of them to rob one guy and only one of them made it out alive also.

https://www.jconline.com/story/news...es-dominos-pizza-delivery-robbery/5748364002/

Acorn from the tree? The brothers did not father their sister. Jontae was killed in self-defense.

We abolished Corruption of the Blood and Bills of Attainder many years ago; we should abolish them on INGO as well.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Acorn from the tree? The brothers did not father their sister. Jontae was killed in self-defense.

We abolished Corruption of the Blood and Bills of Attainder many years ago; we should abolish them on INGO as well.

You're right. Acorn from the tree wasn't the best analogy. Perhaps birds of a feather might have been more apropos.

laf

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Aug 21, 2011
    Lafayette

So sorry my analogy was off. Obviously her family was a tight knit one; several positive role models. Older siblings teaching her right from wrong. Not sure why owning property makes you a better citizen than someone who rents and is not robbing people. No idea why you're concerned about property inheritance in the middle ages. That has nothing to do with her poor morals. She may have been a wonderful girl when you knew her and the family in 2003 but she certainly didn't grow up the way you remembered her. Look forward to Pat not messing this case up and putting more of the people committing crime in Lafayette in prison.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    laf, I understand. My use of property ownership was to indicate that they had vested interest in the community, however, you are right, it is a factor, not controlling.

I hope the Prosecuting Attorney has learned from my neighbor's murder. It appears by the charges that they took my criticism to heart, hopefully for the best.

I am good friends with Delgado and when he told me what the State had filed (no Felony Murder, no Conspiracy, no Conspiracy for Robbery/Robbery, etc) I told him point blank, "Mark, that is a defensible case." Little did I know how right I was when the Pat put a lawyer 3 years out of law school against Mikey-Mike Troemel who has been trying cases before the deputy prosecutor was born.

Top Bottom