Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    He's deleted the post.
    Must not have liked even his anti gun friends telling him he's wrong.
    https://m.facebook.com/pfritzphd?tsid=0.33984523559169166&source=result

This crap is why I'd want to go as grey-man as humanly possible. Too many idiots with Internet access. My wife and I both have parents up in age, nieces and nephews from not in K-garden yet to Junior in high school.

Mr. Wilson saved countless lives and represented us well in interviews. He also made himself and those near him known.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    During the conversation she actually said that even if she had a gun, she wouldn't be able to bring herself to kill a student that was murdering classmates.

I told her, that's fine, but you just because you can't, doesn't mean others should be stripped of the ability to carry if they were willing and able to make that choice.

Sorry if I might be putting words into anyone’s mouths with what I’m about to say (or if I’m forgetting earlier posts) but this reminds me of a point I heard made not so long ago. I’m guessing that if there had to be any shooting, she’d be OK if the LEO-types did the shooting? If so, a point she should be aware of is she wouldn’t do it herself because of some set of convictions about doing it but would call on someone else to do it for her, she’s just as guilty as if she’d pulled the trigger herself.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    This crap is why I'd want to go as grey-man as humanly possible. Too many idiots with Internet access. My wife and I both have parents up in age, nieces and nephews from not in K-garden yet to Junior in high school.

Mr. Wilson saved countless lives and represented us well in interviews. He also made himself and those near him known.

I've started to not post so much on FB anymore, it seems all it takes anymore is for someone in your 'friends' list to report you for something and can get you fired.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Facebook and bumper stickers are alike in that anything that is there can get you vandalized or attacked by strangers.
    Be careful what you let the Progressive Brown Shirts see.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Sorry if I might be putting words into anyone’s mouths with what I’m about to say (or if I’m forgetting earlier posts) but this reminds me of a point I heard made not so long ago. I’m guessing that if there had to be any shooting, she’d be OK if the LEO-types did the shooting? If so, a point she should be aware of is she wouldn’t do it herself because of some set of convictions about doing it but would call on someone else to do it for her, she’s just as guilty as if she’d pulled the trigger herself.

Sort of. My sister understands that if someone is actively killing people they need to be stopped, but yes, she would prefer that LEO do it. In her mind that's their job. She is one of the many people who delude themselves into thinking that police will be able to protect her. She has no grasp on the fact that everyone is their own first responder and that the responsibility to protect one's self rests solely on the individual.

I can respect that she at least has the self awareness to realize she doesn't have the mindset to shoot someone, particularly if it's someone she knows or a kid in her class. Not everyone has the capacity to take a life, even if needed. Carrying a gun isn't for everyone. But like many people with this mindset, she would actively take away the ability to use a firearm in self defense from those who are willing to take action. She knows I am a responsible person and that I carry, yet she doesn't think I should.

While I was home over Christmas my kids and her kids were playing with blocks and they made little block pistols and started playing cops and robbers, yelling "pew pew" as kids do. She immediately had a problem with this and told them she didn't want them playing with toy guns. Instead, she told them to make swords with the blocks. They did, and then immediately started hitting each other with them because even kids know swords are up close tools.

Later I asked her why she had a problem with the kids playing with pretend guns but not swords. She said it's less likely that her kids would ever come across a real sword and pick it up and cut themselves or whack someone with it. She said playing with toy guns would make it more likely if they ever found a real gun they would immediately pick it up and pull the trigger thinking it was a toy. When I offered to send her a copy of the NRA Eddie Eagle DVD so she could teach her kids what to do if they did find a real gun, she immediately dismissed it.

She'd much rather they be completely ignorant about guns like she is.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Sort of. My sister understands that if someone is actively killing people they need to be stopped, but yes, she would prefer that LEO do it. In her mind that's their job. She is one of the many people who delude themselves into thinking that police will be able to protect her. She has no grasp on the fact that everyone is their own first responder and that the responsibility to protect one's self rests solely on the individual.

I can respect that she at least has the self awareness to realize she doesn't have the mindset to shoot someone, particularly if it's someone she knows or a kid in her class. Not everyone has the capacity to take a life, even if needed. Carrying a gun isn't for everyone. But like many people with this mindset, she would actively take away the ability to use a firearm in self defense from those who are willing to take action. She knows I am a responsible person and that I carry, yet she doesn't think I should.

While I was home over Christmas my kids and her kids were playing with blocks and they made little block pistols and started playing cops and robbers, yelling "pew pew" as kids do. She immediately had a problem with this and told them she didn't want them playing with toy guns. Instead, she told them to make swords with the blocks. They did, and then immediately started hitting each other with them because even kids know swords are up close tools.

Later I asked her why she had a problem with the kids playing with pretend guns but not swords. She said it's less likely that her kids would ever come across a real sword and pick it up and cut themselves or whack someone with it. She said playing with toy guns would make it more likely if they ever found a real gun they would immediately pick it up and pull the trigger thinking it was a toy. When I offered to send her a copy of the NRA Eddie Eagle DVD so she could teach her kids what to do if they did find a real gun, she immediately dismissed it.

Please take no offense but we have a term for this mindset.....Ostrich.
    I know more than a few woman that have this issue.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Just to press the fine fact a little: she couldn’t shoot someone but is OK if a hired hand does it? I get it that some people don’t think they could do it themselves but have no qualms about others doing. I’m sort of that way when it comes to processing cattle into hamburger or pigs into bacon. Some folks though don’t believe it’s right that someone doing evil might need to die in order to stop them but will call the cops to do it for them if it happens to them.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Yeah, but people are just taking the comments to the wife's page lol. It looks like they are artsy type libs that live a little east of Lansing, MI.

I kinda disagree with doing that.
    The guy said something stupid, then comment on it.
    But the wife... not cool.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I kinda disagree with doing that.
    The guy said something stupid, then comment on it.
    But the wife... not cool.

Well, he kinda opened her up to that when he posted her full name, along with a website apparently owned by her in his own profile (maryflitz.com or some such). Not saying it's right, but he left that door wide open.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well, he kinda opened her up to that when he posted her full name, along with a website apparently owned by her in his own profile (maryflitz.com or some such). Not saying it's right, but he left that door wide open.

Uh....that is a straight up invite people. He wrote the check and now it is due. Proves what a complete DA this stooge is.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    During the conversation she actually said that even if she had a gun, she wouldn't be able to bring herself to kill a student that was murdering classmates.

I told her, that's fine, but you just because you can't, doesn't mean others should be stripped of the ability to carry if they were willing and able to make that choice.

I don't have a problem at all with your sister admitting an inability to take another life. This is normal. There is a part of me that would hope every human being would have a great deal of difficulty in taking another human life. There is another part of me that hopes that when the time is necessary the other part of me is wrong.

Regarding the LE commentary, I would only posit the premise that if many of the teachers are armed and willing to fire then by the time LE arrives on the scene there won't BE ANY NEED to distinguish between good guys and bad guys, because the bad guys will have been neutralized.

We live in a society that tends to isolate us from our other responsibilities. In this case many teachers just want to show up and teach. Period. They are trained so hard to teach teach teach that their trainers overlook the reality that they are also shepherds protecting their flock. That idea needs to be brought into the training.

Regards,

Doug

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    ...She also thinks having multiple armed citizens would lead to someone engaging an active shooter, then a second person engaging the first citizen leading to a cycle of people shooting each other, none knowing who the good guy is.

Honestly I wonder about this as well. Since we can't carry good guy badges who knows who the bad guy or his accomplices are? In a school or church setting that is a smaller grouping everyone should at least know the faces of the people around them.

In a larger setting or out in public it will be more difficult for the people running up to the scene to know what the hell is going on.

All things to consider I guess.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Honestly I wonder about this as well. Since we can't carry good guy badges who knows who the bad guy or his accomplices are? In a school or church setting that is a smaller grouping everyone should at least know the faces of the people around them.

In a larger setting or out in public it will be more difficult for the people running up to the scene to know what the hell is going on.

All things to consider I guess.

Who say we can't?

And besides, sashes are cooler.

Top Bottom