U.N. trying to take away 2nd Amendment ??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    This is not the first I have heard of this. The biggest obstacle that I see with this becoming a reality is that the senate would have to pass it before it could happen. Any politician that signs away the sovereignty of our nation might as well plan on retiring.

CSORuger

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Brownsburg Indiana
    If they would ban firearms, would Hollywood and all TV shows have to stop showing and making shows with them in. A lot of actors would be out on work. Just a thought. :dunno: And might not have the cash to donate to their favorite polititian.:n00b:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    If they would ban firearms, would Hollywood and all TV shows have to stop showing and making shows with them in. A lot of actors would be out on work. Just a thought. :dunno: And might not have the cash to donate to their favorite polititian.:n00b:
    Doesn't stop the Brits.

bigmich

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    It will never happen hear it would have to pass senate and it would also put tons of people out of work

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    i seriously doubted when i posted this that it will happen , just like to inform others of the happenings under our noses

Naaaaaaa, it'll never happen.....that's what they said in Australia.

You obviously underestimate who is sitting in the White House, and who the Secretary of State is. Two of the biggest gun control advocates ever.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 17, 2010
    Freedom , yes really Freedom

You obviously underestimate who is sitting in the White House, and who the Secretary of State is. Two of the biggest gun control advocates ever.

very very true, i am sure the will come, i just hope that i am long since dead ................ but really we are getting closer all the time, assault ban, hi cap ban etc etc

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green

And that is what the Peoples of Australia wished for....

Always be careful for what you wish for...

dusterboy49

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Fremont
    At this point in time I don't think you can rely on the U.S. Senate, which has a liberal anti-gun majority to uphold your rights. Anything is possible with those bozos.

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    The US constitution trumps any other gubmint treaty.

You couldn't be more wrong. Quote Article VI of the Constitution:

"This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof, and all treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any Thing in the Constitution or Laws of any State to the contrary notwithstanding."

Any treaty ratified by the Senate becomes the Supreme Law of the Land and must be enforced as written. This is why the Constitution requires a 2/3 majority of the Senate to ratify all treaties. And fortunately it is quite difficult to get 67 "Presidents in waiting" to agree on anything.

But, I still don't want to trust my Rights or the Sovereignty of our Government to a 2/3 majority of the Senate. :patriot:

Top Bottom