Uber driver kills someone who threatened him, good shoot if Indiana?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    That was a weird 911 call for someone who just killed a guy. You don’t start with the need for an ambulance? He was “run off the road”?

From the video? I'm pretty sure that's picking up the 911 call in the middle. He's probably already asked for an ambulance and given his location.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Violence has consequences; drunk people don't always get that.

i dont believe the dead guy was drunk.
    He was most likely a control freak that was pissed his girl was NOT waiting for him to pick her up and instead got, or so he thought, into a uber.

dead guy figures if he scared the .... out of the uber driver for driving his girl the uber driver would tell the girl to get out, leave her with him. this time around that "macho man" stuff did not work.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    i dont believe the dead guy was drunk.
    He was most likely a control freak that was pissed his girl was NOT waiting for him to pick her up and instead got, or so he thought, into a uber.

dead guy figures if he scared the .... out of the uber driver for driving his girl the uber driver would tell the girl to get out, leave her with him. this time around that "macho man" stuff did not work.

I have not watched the video. But as to the macho man crap, run your bluff 1 time to many.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    watch the video and it all becomes very clear.
    thw only "non normal" part is the uber driver talking to the 911 operator. by that i mean the uber driver is very calm, giving details, location of shot placement, qty of shot fired, etc. its stuff you normally hear from experiened police or soliders having been in combat.

only way i can describe it is robotic at best, no emotion. im not knocking it as ive hear it before but some may find it odd as a civilian would have been under shock after shooting the macho guy.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    From the video? I'm pretty sure that's picking up the 911 call in the middle. He's probably already asked for an ambulance and given his location.

That may be.

it sounded like he kinda knew cop-speak but wasn’t comfortable with it. We get that all the time when people sorta know medical terms and just sound goofy when they try to throw terms out

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    That may be.

it sounded like he kinda knew cop-speak but wasn’t comfortable with it. We get that all the time when people sorta know medical terms and just sound goofy when they try to throw terms out
    [video=youtube;9ROOi5xagxg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ROOi5xagxg&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    That was a weird 911 call for someone who just killed a guy. You don’t start with the need for an ambulance? He was “run off the road”?

I didn't listen to it, but people say weird things when they are hyped up on adrenaline. Most people either don't plan at all, they think they'll do the "say nothing" routine, etc. but they never actually plan what to say and what they should say.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    After graduating from medical school do you "sort of know medical terms, but not really"?

Is police school four years?

But yes, people who just graduated medical school often use terms incorrectly. Of course our lexicon is much broader

The best is when you have MAs or coders trying to use terms way beyond them. When I go to appointments with family members I use regular English words :dunno:

But then again I am not trying to impress anyone with my use of doctor speak.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Kinda the same with attorneys.

We graduate law school knowing a bunch of fancy words, but it takes several years of actually doing it to know how and when to use them.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Kinda the same with attorneys.

We graduate law school knowing a bunch of fancy words, but it takes several years of actually doing it to know how and when to use them.

You can tell when a lawyer is fresh out of law school when you understand what he says. It takes several years for him to be able to speak in a way that only lawyers can understand him :):

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    You can tell when a lawyer is fresh out of law school when you understand what he says. It takes several years for him to be able to speak in a way that only lawyers can understand him :):

Holding. back. so. many. doctor. bedside. manner. jokes.

;)

At least we aren't programmers. Attorneys actually interact with people and make eye contact. :)

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Is police school four years?

But yes, people who just graduated medical school often use terms incorrectly. Of course our lexicon is much broader

The best is when you have MAs or coders trying to use terms way beyond them. When I go to appointments with family members I use regular English words :dunno:

But then again I am not trying to impress anyone with my use of doctor speak.

Yesterday, I couldn't spell "Elecktronix Teknision".
    Today, I are one.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Forget the backstory. Driving at night, other car starts tailgating, passes illegally, cuts driver off, slams on the brakes. Dude jumps out with something in his hand, moving aggressively toward the driver, and starts mouthing off about "I have a gun. do you want to get shot?".

valid SD shot. end of story.

gun in hand before the guy opens his mouth? I'd say there's reason to be planning for the worst as he started tailgating, prepping for it when he passed, observing just how badly things are going and what options are left as they stopped and he got out...

Including the backstory and other findings, sounds even more justified: dude already has battery convictions, drugs on-hand, etc.

Didn't listen to the 911 but some people are just calmer than others. Some respond to stress by becoming a robot. plus a little training, some adrenaline.

After graduating from medical school do you "sort of know medical terms, but not really"?

My sis in law got an associates in nursing (yes, 2 yr degree that took 5-7yrs but that's a whole 'nother millenial/enabler parents story) and insists on calling all medications by the full chemical/pharmacological name rather than the normal one no matter who she's talking to. Likes to tell people what their talking about in jargon too. "My arm hurts here, have anything for it?" "oh that's distress in the whatsit. I think we have some pharmatechnoname" "how about an aspirin?" "yea that's what that I mean"

Last edited:
    Top Bottom