• ...and so much more!
  • Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    My new Taylor/Uberti 1851 Navy conversion.

IMG_0162_zpsljqwyeby.jpg

IMG_0163_zpsmswfe3cg.jpg

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    :drool:

I had not payed much attention to the Pietta replicas but handled quite a few AR NRAAM last week. Spoke to one of their reps and learned about several nice features. I came away somewhat impressed.

I'm not sure if I would shoot a SA enough to wear it out but the Pietta has a firing pin pinned to the hammer, a press fit thrust plate over the firing pin hole and a press fit cylinder bushing. All ~$6 & not too hard to change yourself.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I was never much of a fan of "cowboy" pistols until I got a Ruger Blackhawk convertible (45 Colt/45 acp), and while I know it's not really a "cowboy" pistol, it's a lot of fun. This thread has me starting to want one of these conversion guns. I'm too lazy for black powder but to have the old style pistol that uses modern cartridges sounds seems like a great way to have the best of both worlds. :yesway:

As for why I don't really want the black powder version, I think Steve Earle summed it up pretty well...

"My very first pistol was a cap 'n ball Colt.
    Shoot as fast as lightin' but she loads a might slow.
    She loads a might slow, I soon found out,
    Get you into trouble but it can't get ya out."

;)

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    View attachment 55160 View attachment 55161 View attachment 55162 View attachment 55163 View attachment 55164
    This is my Uberti 1873 Cattleman .357 Mag 3 1/2" with the Birdshead grip, DeSantis Doc Holliday lined cross draw holster on a Desperado 2 1/4" gun belt with 25 cartridge loops. The trigger is amazing and breaks clean at 2 lbs. 10 oz. The action is easy to work and has the 4 Colt click when thumbing the hammer to full cock. I will be shooting sometime this week:D

Sold! I'll take it!

Man I wish. That is the exact setup I've been thinking about lately. I logged back on today to look at it again. That gun / leather combo are perfect together. Nice!!!

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Only issue I have with the 1858 conversion is the cylinder is a little shorter than the Colt's. Some of the bullets I cast for 45 Colt are a little too long for it.

Top Bottom