UK: first they came for guns, then knives, and now... spoons.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I bring this up with anti-gunners. I ask them if they'll ban bats and knives when banning the guns fails to stop violence.
    They tell me I'm "paranoid".

idkfa

personally invading Ukraine (vicariously)
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2019
    Hell
    As usual, Simpsons predicted this as well.
    [video=youtube;mcE0aAhbVFc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcE0aAhbVFc[/video]

Last edited:

idkfa

personally invading Ukraine (vicariously)
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2019
    Hell
    How could have I forgotten about this gem?

[video=youtube;9VDvgL58h_Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VDvgL58h_Y[/video]

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    What the hell happened to England?

There is some interesting research work about how the European gene pool, particularly the UK, French, and Germans lost so many of their strong independent types in the last 100 years to wars their gene pool has been depleted of the type.

It is a noted historical point that the French stereo type of being short was the result of Napoleon conscripting all the able big males and leading them to their deaths and out of the French gene pool.

Jim McKalip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 16, 2009
    Cumberland
    I was 10 years old in 1931 and can still remember newspaper ads looking for guns to send to England. When I asked my Father why the English didn't use their own
    guns, he was't able to come up with an answer that a 10 year old American boy could understand.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    We can send them sporks. I think that's about as deadly a weapon as they (apparently) can be trusted with.

They may have to be the plastic type because, apparently, anything metal can cause injury!

It also sounds like they 'encourage' crime rather than self-defense against it!

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    This same bobby department has posted pictures of semi-sharp sticks as confiscated weapons. There is nothing you could send that would be approved of.

And yes, they are crime enablers, defenders even.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I was over there back in 2010, it really is a sad place. Everyone has a very "peasant" like mindset, blindly accepting any rules and acting like you're psychotic to disagree with them.

I saw a "You must be over 18 and show ID to buy this item" tag on a set of silverware and burst out laughing. People thought I was insane for thinking that was strange or wrong.

I asked a cop if you could at least defend yourself with a set of car keys should you be mugged and he stared at me in dismay and said "Absolutely not, that's assault with a weapon."

Overall worthless country and we'd be stupid to ever come to their aid in a time of trouble. They drank the koolaid collectively and now they get to live with the consequences.

P.S. As for gun crime, I was over there for only a month and a drive by shooting happened 1 street over from me. I've witnessed more gun crime in the UK than I have in my lifetime in the US.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    https://www.foxnews.com/world/trump...alloon-depicting-potus-as-baby-at-uk-protests

A woman popped the massive balloon depicting President Trump as a baby in London on Tuesday, berating protesters for disrespecting the "best president ever."

[FONT=&amp]A police spokesperson told the Independent that "one female has been arrested for being in possession of a pointed or bladed article”.[/FONT]

Apparently you can't have "pointed articles" ... I assume sharpened sticks are illegal. :dunno:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    There's a line in the movie Robin Hood where Allen Rickman says to his cousin, "...well at least I didn't use a spoon...". Right after stabbing him.

Top Bottom