• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I have no clue how much the US Palm runs, but an ultimak upper is around $80.

Never priced a lower.
    The Ultimak is a top rail only for $80. The US Palm/Midwest Industries complete system is $124 with the dedicated upper for whatever red-dot you want for co-witness. Or you can do the universal upper for the same $124 price.

As mentioned, the Ultimak is a nice setup (I have one) but it gets HOT. It will shut down a EOTech within a few magazines and it will get an Aimpoint freaking hot, I mean uncomfortably hot, within a few mags. But the Aimpoint seems to do better with the heat.

I haven't gotten my US Palm yet, but if it runs cooler than the Ultimak, which I'm hoping it will, it will be a sound investment from my point of view.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Is the $124 the price for the one linked at the top of the page? That is a new one Ive not yet seen for sale. I know the original, won't co-witness, US Palm set was $124. Curious what this new one will be. At $124 I would give it a shot to compare to an ultimak, but I have a feeling as the top rail is on this new design, any issue you have with an ultimak you will also have this this new setup, because I bet you the upper has an integrated gas tube like the ultimak does. Thats really the only way to get a co-witness on an AK.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Is the $124 the price for the one linked at the top of the page? That is a new one Ive not yet seen for sale. I know the original, won't co-witness, US Palm set was $124. Curious what this new one will be. At $124 I would give it a shot to compare to an ultimak, but I have a feeling as the top rail is on this new design, any issue you have with an ultimak you will also have this this new setup, because I bet you the upper has an integrated gas tube like the ultimak does. Thats really the only way to get a co-witness on an AK.
    It's $124 under an "introductory price"...

Midwest Industries: AK Optic Specific Handguard

So, it's $124 for everything including the dedicated upper. It's a sweet deal. I'm about to order a second one for my Draco.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.

Correct me if I am wrong, but the ones you are talking about that didn't co-witness were the MI units, not the new US palm/MI ones?

Also I am pretty sure this does not replace the gas tube, it covers it.

Saiga223

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    That is a nice handguard and not to hijack the thread but has anyone used the SGM Tactical handguard on their AK variant or AK? Is it possible to co-witness a red dot with it?

Top Bottom