• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Point of clarification: the UN no more "created" Israel than it "created" any other country.

Israel was created just like almost every other country. A group of people drew some lines on a map, claimed that area as their own, and defended it against anyone who disagreed. That's how countries start.

Wikipedia says this:
    "Following the 1947 United Nations decision to partition Palestine, on 14 May 1948 David Ben-Gurion, the Executive Head of the World Zionist Organization[9] and president of the Jewish Agency for Palestine, declared Israel a nation independent from the British Mandate of Palestine.[10][11] Neighboring Arab states invaded the next day in support of the Palestinians."

Ok. Semantics.

BarryJaxon

Shooter
    Rating - 50%
    0   1   1
    Feb 23, 2011
    SCREW the UN!What did they ever do besides cry when someone(nation)didn`t agree with them,then turn around and cry more when they got their tit in a ringer,help us,help us...geesh,makes me wanna puke.

G_Stines

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    Central Indiana
    I totally jumped on this bandwagon by saying such:
    Dear Senator Coats,

I have just recently, within the last two years or so, reached a point in my life where the political nature of this country has become one of my interests, particularly in the Bill of Rights categories. I read almost everything that I can get my hands on about the Bill of Rights, its verbage and interpretations, and have even considered going back to school for a Law degree. Today, I ran across an article while doing some research into Indiana and United States Firearm laws and regulations that has me concerned. I am referring to the United Nations Arms Trade Treaty (ATT). After doing a little more research, I became concerned enough, to of course write to you. It is my understanding that although there has yet to be a final draft written and proposed, it could drastically reshape the way that firearms in the United States are categorized, used, and heavily restrict the Second Amendment rights granted to every citizen by the Constitution. Several articles were quoted saying that the final draft had the possibility to include:
    * Require gun owner registration
    * Require ammunition “microstamping”
    * Redefine "manufacture" so broadly that altering a firearm from any configuration rather than how it is sold could require a obtaining a manufacturing license
    * Include a ban on some types of semi-automatic firearms.
    * Include a ban .50 caliber firearms
    * Demand the mandatory destruction of surplus ammo and confiscated firearms.

In my opinion, these measures seem outright preposterous. If America and it's citizens had wanted to have these on our law books, we would have put them there.

If you have already made your decision in favor of the ATT, I beg you to please reconsider. If you are against it, I thank you for doing your part in preserving the United States Bill of Rights.

Sincerely,
    G_Stines
    Age 21

Last edited:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Thanks to all o you who jumped on the wagon.
    Sorry I got all of you on"THE LIST".

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Thanks to all o you who jumped on the wagon.
    Sorry I got all of you on"THE LIST".

Britton

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Knoxville
    I talked to representative for Senator Coats today, they should heave been on the list. I was reassured that they want nothing to do with the UN's gun control plans.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I talked to representative for Senator Coats today, they should heave been on the list. I was reassured that they want nothing to do with the UN's gun control plans.

Thanks for letting us know. Hopefully you can kind of run herd on the guy since you seem to be connected with them.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Sent both emails a few weeks ago about this issue.

Senator Lugar sent me a response stating that he is opposed to this. Not sure if he means it.:dunno:

I got polled last night by "friends of Dick Lugar"....they asked if i would be supporting him. I told them that he was not on board with being against this gun control issue with the UN...so no...I would be voting against him in the primaries. That ended the phone call.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Wikipedia says this:
    "Following the 1947 United Nations decision to partition Palestine, on 14 May 1948 David Ben-Gurion, the Executive Head of the World Zionist Organization[9] and president of the Jewish Agency for Palestine, declared Israel a nation independent from the British Mandate of Palestine.[10][11] Neighboring Arab states invaded the next day in support of the Palestinians."

Ok. Semantics.
    Apologies for the de-railing, but it is absolutely NOT semantics.

The UN passed a resolution... gee whiz. BFD. It was Ben-Gurion and all the other Israelis that defended themselves against all comers. I hilighted the important part - Israel defended itself. Just like the 13 colonies did successfully. Just like the CSA did unsuccessfully. Just like dozens of other countries in the last 50 years have done with differing degrees of success.

Again, the UN "created" nothing. As a group of countries, it represented a consensus on what the boundaries of Israel should be, but that's it. If the UN was allowed to magically "create" countries, there would have been a Palestine long ago.

This is the link you want:
    Diplomatic recognition - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Get the U.S. A. out of the U.N. and get the U.N. out of the U.S.A.

Just my opinion
    Let's see how well the UN enforces ANYTHING without the might of the US military to do it for them!!! And the UN building would make more of a contribution to this country as just a parking lot than what it does now.

Top Bottom