Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Dorky_D

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    I also sent messages to the President, Reprsentative, and our senators.
    ELECTED OFFICIALS
    You send it too most of them all at once. Please take the time to do this as well.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Done... thanks!! We need more things like this on our forums. I wouldn't have heard about this or signed any petition if not for INGO...

ilikeguns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Prairie Creek
    Thank you for the heads up and the link. Done by myself and my wife. Our own government is bad enough we CAN NOT let foreign bodies have control over our rights and freedoms! This is when it gets serious folks. We need to form a united front and STAND UP!

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Done! Here's a copy of the letter I sent encase anyone wants to use parts of it. Feel free.

Dear Sirs,

I am writing in regards to UN Small Arms Trade Treaty. I am urging you to call on Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and President Barack Obama not to sign the Arms Trade Treaty on July 27th in New York City.

At a time when American manufacturing is down and unemployment up the American firearms industry and related support industries have enjoyed positive growth, adding jobs for thousands of people. I believe the Small Arms Treaty will have a negative effect on the US economy.

With the following countries, China, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Libya, Pakistan, Russia, Sudan, Syria, and Yemen failing to sign the Treaty there is little hope that it could even begin to accomplish the goals set for it let a lone have any effect at all. China and Russia are 2 of the biggest arms exporters in the world and they see the folly of such a Treaty and how it may hurt their own domestic economies.

The Obama Administration has repeatedly shown that by Executive Privilege or Executive Order their willingness to ignore the US Constitution, Congress and the will of the people to further their goals. As a strong supporter of the 2nd Amendment and an avid target shooter I find this Treaty to be nothing more than this Administration's attempt to circumvent the US Constitution and begin to impose more gun control. As the President once stated to Sarah Brady of the Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence, “ I just want you to know that we are working on it. We have to go through a few processes, but under the radar. “

On the face it may sound like a good idea, but in the end it is just another “pie in the sky” plan that will have little to no effect on arms sales but will put more restrictions on the American citizen and again, we as Americans, lose some of our Conditional rights.

So again, I ask you to contact the Secretary of State and President Barack Obama and strongly urge them not to sign the Arms Trade Treaty on July 27th in New York City.

Sincerely,

Top Bottom