• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I'd say if you're going to be filming hunts for TV and out on guided hunts, you should probably use a service that actually knows the laws of the area (and probably should look them up yourself as nobody should fully trust someone else to give the proper information/answers). Just as his case in California (baiting isn't legal for deer and neither is shooting deer that are too young, he did both), you should know the rules even if you don't agree with them. Do it once and learn from it, sure...might have been a mistake. Do it several times, you're an idiot.

Wrong radio show:

Nugent Tells Beck About the Alaskan Hunting Trip That Made Him a Target of the Feds | Video | TheBlaze.com

Perfection is difficult for anybody to achieve. I do not excuse any law breaking behavior...if he broke the law, he should pay the price. If he is being targeted because of his political stances, it should concern us all. When I don't like somebody, it's easy to find reasons (substantial or not) to rationalize and fuel my feelings.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Wrong radio show:

Nugent Tells Beck About the Alaskan Hunting Trip That Made Him a Target of the Feds | Video | TheBlaze.com

Perfection is difficult for anybody to achieve. I do not excuse any law breaking behavior...if he broke the law, he should pay the price. If he is being targeted because of his political stances, it should concern us all. When I don't like somebody, it's easy to find reasons (substantial or not) to rationalize and fuel my feelings.

I don't think anyone is expecting perfection from anyone. He has broken hunting laws several times and his trip in California, the laws he broke were ones that he could have easily found and understood if he bothered to look. If he is going to make statements about politicians sucking his machine guns (which he has about Hilary Clinton and one or 2 more) and saying that if Obama is elected again, he'll be dead or in jail...there MIGHT be a reason for someone to sit down with him and see if he was just being overly dramatic or if he is a total whack job. He can have his opinions about why the Feds wanted to talk to him but I doubt it has much to do with his hunting trips (those might get him a little more attention from fish and game just to make sure he is following the laws where ever he is hunting...which if it was any of us, we'd actually be fairly content with the fines and fairly short hunting bans in specific locations).

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I don't think anyone is expecting perfection from anyone. He has broken hunting laws several times and his trip in California, the laws he broke were ones that he could have easily found and understood if he bothered to look. If he is going to make statements about politicians sucking his machine guns (which he has about Hilary Clinton and one or 2 more) and saying that if Obama is elected again, he'll be dead or in jail...there MIGHT be a reason for someone to sit down with him and see if he was just being overly dramatic or if he is a total whack job. He can have his opinions about why the Feds wanted to talk to him but I doubt it has much to do with his hunting trips (those might get him a little more attention from fish and game just to make sure he is following the laws where ever he is hunting...which if it was any of us, we'd actually be fairly content with the fines and fairly short hunting bans in specific locations).

Did you hear his explanation for that comment that if Obama is elected again, he'll be dead or in jail? I did. It was not a veiled threat to the administration. Instead it was an attempt to demonstrate his fear of the growing Chicago-style methods of this white house--much like we read by many posters on this site.

I haven't heard his explanation about the other comment you mentioned. It may well be intended as it appears/as written. And if it was, well it's rather coarse, indeed. As I said above, I do not condone any law breaking....well, now I'm repeating myself.

He is what he is and like many of us, he has baggage. Sometimes in his exuberance he's not the most eloquent, but on the 2A, he's right much more than he's wrong.

Last edited:

c3d4b2

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    I read a report that the tape appears to be edited. After all the people getting fired for this recently I would not be surprised.... After the recent edited tape debacles, I would check outside if they told me the sun was shinning.

.45 Dave

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    The main thing about Ted is that it would be difficult to sit have a conversation with him unless you agreed with him on every point. That said, I still kinda like him.
    I guess I see him as someone who lives his life the way he wants and screw everyone who doesn't like it.

I don't know specifics about his past (nor do I know specifics about the pasts of people on INGO either. I'm guessing many would have issues with their choices in life too.) but I don't judge. People make mistakes and they change as they grow older.
    I am tired of those who marginalize every one because they don't like what others did earlier in life though.
    Like him or hate him, at least Ted is on our side when it comes to the Second Amendment.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    This thread prompted me to Google him. Not sure about the draft dodging, looks like at one time he had a student deferment (which I always thought was BS, but there it is) and he also had a medical deferment. I believe those were hard to come by unless you had a legit medical issue. So when he was 30 he was banging a 17 year old, to me that's very tacky. I read his book and thought he was an OK guy if somewhat self absorbed which is to be expected of a celebrity. My opinion of him has gone down.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    This thread prompted me to Google him. Not sure about the draft dodging, looks like at one time he had a student deferment (which I always thought was BS, but there it is) and he also had a medical deferment. I believe those were hard to come by unless you had a legit medical issue.
    He discussed his "medical issue" in the October 1977 edition of High Times Magazine.

Sounds like he has struggled with several mental illnesses.

TeDNugent3.jpg

High Times: How did you get out of the draft?

Nugent: Ted was a young boy, appearing to be a hippie but quite opposite in fact, working hard and playing hard, playing rock and roll like a deviant. People would question my sanity, I played so much. So I got my notice to be in the draft. Do you think I was gonna lay down my guitar and go play army? Give me a break! I was busy doin’ it to it. I had a career Jack. If I was walkin’ around, hippying down, getting’ loaded and pickin’ my ass like your common curs, I’d say “Hey yeah, go in the army. Beats the s*** out of scuffin’ around in the gutters.” But I wasn’t a gutter dog. I was a hard workin’, mother****in’ rock and roll musician.

I got my physical notice 30 days prior to. Well, on that day I ceased cleansing my body. No more brushing my teeth, no more washing my hair, no baths, no soap, no water. Thirty days of debris build. I stopped shavin’ and I was 18, had a little scraggly beard, really looked like a hippie. I had long hair, and it started gettin’ kinky, matted up. Then two weeks before, I stopped eating any food with nutritional value. I just had chips, Pepsi, beer-stuff I never touched-buttered s***, little jars of Polish sausages, and I’d drink the syrup, I was this side of death, Then a week before, I stopped going to the bathroom. I did it in my pants. S***, **** the whole shot. My pants got crusted up.

See, I approached the whole thing like, Ted Nugent, cool hard-workin’ dude, is gonna wreak havoc on these imbeciles in the armed forces. I’m gonna play their own game, and I’m gonna destroy ‘em. Now my whole body is crusted in s*** and ****. I was ill. And three or four days before, I started stayin’ awake. I was close to death, but I was in control. I was extremely anti-drug as I’ve always been, but I snorted some crystal methedrine. Talk about one wounded mother ****er. A guy put up four lines, and it was for all four of us, but I didn’t know and I’m vacuuming that s*** right up. I was a walking, talking hunk of human s***. I was six-foot-three of sin. So the guys took me down to the physical, and my nerves, my emotions were distraught. I was not a good person. I was wounded. But as painful and nauseous as it was – ‘cause I was really into bein’ clean and on the ball – I made gutter swine hippies look like football payers. I was deviano.

So I went in, and those guys in uniform couldn’t believe the smell. They were ridiculin’ me and pushin’ me around and I was cryin’, but all the time I was laughin’ to myself. When they stuck the needle in my arm for the blood test I passed out, and when I came to they were kicking me into the wall. Then they made everybody take off their pants, and I did, and this sergeant says, “Oh my God, put those back on! You f***in’ swine you!” Then they had a urine test and I couldn’t ****, But my s*** was just like ooze, man, so I s*** in the cup and put it on the counter. I had s*** on my hand and my arm. The guy almost puked. I was so proud. I knew I had these chumps beat. The last thing I remember was wakin’ up in the ear test booth and they were sweepin’ up. So I went home and cleaned up.

They took a putty knife to me. I got the street rats out of my hair, ate some good steaks, beans, potatoes, cottage cheese, milk. A couple of days and I was ready to kick ass. And in the mail I got this big juicy 4-F. They’d call dead people before they’d call my ass. But you know the funny thing about it? I’d make an incredible army man. I’d be a colonel before you knew what hit you, and I’d have the baddest bunch of mother****in’ killers you’d ever seen in my platoon. But I just wasn’t into it. I was too busy doin’ my own thing, you know?

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Uncle Ted is passionate. I once thought he would be served better by toning it down. Now I think there is a method to his madness. Like him or not, he does get heard. He does get the attention in the media. I like the fact that he never backs down and his message is always the same. And as been said everyone has baggage.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    He is one person I have absolutely no respect for. As hypocritical as they come. I wish nothing more than for him to stop associating himself with the pro-2a cause and to keep to himself. He does more towards making people think poorly of the cause than he ever could good.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    He is one person I have absolutely no respect for. As hypocritical as they come. I wish nothing more than for him to stop associating himself with the pro-2a cause and to keep to himself. He does more towards making people think poorly of the cause than he ever could good.

I feel the same way about shows like Sons of Guns. But yet people eat it up. I dont think people pay as much as attention to the message as they do to the spectacle. Ah sheepeople what are you gonna do?

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    After reading the draft dodging story posted above, I have lost respect for this guy. The Army should have put him through more hoops before giving him a deferment. One thing, if he went in with that attitude, his fellow GI's would be beating the crap out of him. At least that's how my Army was.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Ted's draft story is truly over the top. I'm betting it's just Ted yanking somebody's chain.

This, to me, drives home the point: beware what you put out in public, it can come back to haunt you. It took a fairly widely read publication, with an interview of a celeberty, done 35 years ago, to come back to haunt him. Now we have sites like this, Facebook, etc. Just imagine how something you write here can bite you in the butt a few years from now. Let's hope after you write something in jest, sarcastically, or in your youthful stupidity will be forgiven or laughed off in light of your actual contributions in life.

snopes.com: Ted Nugent Dodged the Draft?

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Ted's draft story is truly over the top. I'm betting it's just Ted yanking somebody's chain.

This, to me, drives home the point: beware what you put out in public, it can come back to haunt you. It took a fairly widely read publication, with an interview of a celeberty, done 35 years ago, to come back to haunt him. Now we have sites like this, Facebook, etc. Just imagine how something you write here can bite you in the butt a few years from now. Let's hope after you write something in jest, sarcastically, or in your youthful stupidity will be forgiven or laughed off in light of your actual contributions in life.

snopes.com: Ted Nugent Dodged the Draft?

If you want to see how big of a joke he is, there are clips of radio interviews where he is telling the interviewer that he trains the Navy Seals and goes on missions with them.

He has talked about deploying with the Seals in Fallujah and training them how to take out the enemy at 2,000 yards with a .408 Cheytac and killing some bad guys while he was there. He has been called out about that BS by a retired Navy Seal.

Here is an interview with Jesse Ventura where Whack Job claims to be a current Navy Seal.

TedNugent.com

Here is a site with a video or 2 of Whack Job. His most recent stupid comments aren't his only ones and I wasn't shocked at all that the Feds wanted to have a talk with him.

After Feigned Outrage Over 'Cop Killer' Rapper, Huckabee Brings in Ted Nugent Preceding His 'Big Announcement' | Video Cafe

ted for pres

Please let me know what country because if it is the USA I want to pack my bags and leave before he takes office. I guess he would make a solid politician with how big of a POS he is though. I have slightly higher expectations than a womanizing (kiddie-fiddler), chronic lying, delusional donkey...maybe my standards are far too high.

If anyone would actually want him as President, please NEVER vote again as your choices would be leading to the end of this country. The guy is a complete and total joke. Very little he says should be taken as anything other than entertainment.

Top Bottom