• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hap Hazard

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    The stuff that's common to us now is the stuff that will be the most valuable for barter 'cause it's the most common NOW to everyone else and the stuff the uniformed won't have when they need it.

BDBHoover

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    Northside Indianapolis
    Crown Royal, Jack Daniels, Jonny Walker, Smirnoff or Skyy, Wines...... all by the case...... Hard liquor and wines will be worth their weight in gold if SHTF when it comes to bartering....... if SHTF and you had no liquor and you had an overstock in dried beans or canned foods....... would you be willing to trade some of your goods for mine???

Bruenor

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Pendleton
    ... if SHTF and you had no liquor and you had an overstock in dried beans or canned foods....... would you be willing to trade some of your goods for mine???

No, not unless there was a medical reason necessary. I agree that alcohol would be a good trade item, but for me it's a luxury, one that I would not trade food for.

BDBHoover

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    Northside Indianapolis
    No, not unless there was a medical reason necessary. I agree that alcohol would be a good trade item, but for me it's a luxury, one that I would not trade food for.

I would have no problem catching or trapping proteins..... more for a variety and for the sake of bartering for goods that I could later barter.....

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Crown Royal, Jack Daniels, Jonny Walker, Smirnoff or Skyy, Wines...... all by the case...... Hard liquor and wines will be worth their weight in gold if SHTF when it comes to bartering....... if SHTF and you had no liquor and you had an overstock in dried beans or canned foods....... would you be willing to trade some of your goods for mine???

The first thing to happen during a state of emergency is to shut down the liquor store. He who has the most beer during/after a hurricane is king. Gold and silver represent arbitrage opportunities at best. Even in countries where **** has hit the fan, people continue to use cash even under crippling inflation because it simplifies trade. So I wouldn't rule out cash. The most valuable thing one can have going into a disaster, natural or otherwise, is the gift of gab. Commerce does not stop, just because of storm surge or warfare. Therefore the most valuable resource is people who know how to wheel, deal, and tell a good joke. Sadly these people can not be found at Sams Club. I think they hire from the same pool as the TSA, at least for the front door staff.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Beef jerky in bulk. They also have a great 350+ price first aid kit right now. Its huge and at a great price. Huge packs of batteries. One big part of survival is your mental state. So big case of energy drink.....when you are trying to survive a sugar rush could help keep you will to live.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Lady supplies----I keep warning you all, those will go fast...........bulk lighters Bic's

men use the term shtf
    women use the term NPFMP

Last edited:
    Top Bottom