• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Wow there are some tremendous suggestions in here, and I appreciate every one of them. I have my bad ordered, all I need now are the goodies.

Not to hijack my own thread, but since someone recommended navigation devices. I'm looking at a garmin with topographic maps preloaded. I plan on keeping it closed in an EMP bag or two. My question is, in the event of an EMP, would something like that still work? Or would the satellites be taken out?

Yes there are and this thread has me re-addressing both my GHK.

A 7.62 Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Shreveport, LA
    So, I've started assembling my bag, and I have a few more questions. Can anyone recommend sleeping bags and MREs for an assault pack? I'm already sensing how precious space is, and I want to maximize what I have

MohawkSlim

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2015
    15th Street, Bedford
    Nobody said poncho yet?
    Small towel/shemagh (and hygiene kit w/toothbrush, clippers, etc.)
    Collapsible Baton
    Chem Lights
    Space Blanket
    Compass
    Deck of Playing Cards
    Change for vending machines
    Sling Shot (folding wrist rocket)
    Camo Face Paint
    Foamies or other ear pro
    Magnifying Glass / Mirror / Whistle
    Motion Detector (small PIR sensor from Radio Shack (yes, I'm old) or similar travel/hotel device)

Clarity

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2012
    I take issue with the notion of a BOB (singular). I have my pack divided into two -- a main pack, and a lightweight pack with only weapons and first aid. In the unlikely event of certain circumstances (e.g. active shooter), I can grab the lightweight pack and run. In the event of a more major occurrence, I can grab both, consolidate into the main pack, and have a lightweight extra pack for a smaller family member or for other uses.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I take issue with the notion of a BOB (singular). I have my pack divided into two -- a main pack, and a lightweight pack with only weapons and first aid. In the unlikely event of certain circumstances (e.g. active shooter), I can grab the lightweight pack and run. In the event of a more major occurrence, I can grab both, consolidate into the main pack, and have a lightweight extra pack for a smaller family member or for other uses.

Great minds think alike. Almost.

I have a blowout kit (trauma med kit) attached to my BOB backpack with a carabiner. Modular is definitely the way to go because one size does NOT fit all.

And If I'm humping it home, I can more securely attach the blowout to my pack with Molle straps for better balance.

Top Bottom