Under Trump, Median Income Soars Over Bush/Obama Era...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    This entire post is bull****.

If you do not believe a President has an affect on many things including the economy I just cannot understand you...

All I ever talked about was the president's direct effects on individuals.

So, in that regard"

1. Since January of 2017, have your wages risen?

2. If so, explain exactly what President Trump did to cause that.

I'll show my work.

1. Mine has.

2. Can't put my finger on one concrete thing. I've obtained more work that pays a higher rate and worked more. My ability to get more work that pays a higher rate is due to my firm's and my reputation. The extra hours...I've never seen Trump here on evenings and weekends.

I like Trump's reduction in regulation and tax cuts, but any relationship between those things and my wages are a twisty, indirect path that may or may not affect my firm's (and my) income. I certainly take home more money due to the tax cut, but as I understand it, the "median income" numbers are exclusive of taxation. The direct effect on a presidency (R, D...whatever) on INDIVIDUAL income is exceedingly difficult to determine for most people. I would agree that, in the long run, less regulation, less taxes, etc. help the overall economy, but when talking median income, the overall economy is not what we are talking about.

Ultimately, Obama did not make my income go lower, Trump did not make it go higher. Generally speaking, people need to look in the mirror and say hello to the person responsible for their own financial situation.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    See comments above. A well thought out reply, so I will rep you.
    Thank you.

1) Of course Trump gets credit for un-****ing Obama’s ****ing it up.

2) I have evaluated GWP. I’ve been burned enough using them as a source that I’m confident that their bias makes them unreliable. Yes, they’re a news aggregator, an they might occasionally report a gem that turns out to be true. But they report enough bull**** that I have to factcheck everything they report anyway.

3) income is better, it feels like. Mine is up, but I tend to think promotions are my own doing, and not whoever is President at the time. Maybe employers are more willing to hand out raises when the economy is doing well. Is Trump primarily responsible? It would be hard to determine to what extent Trump’s de****ing of Obama’s ****ing, impacted income.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    All I ever talked about was the president's direct effects on individuals.

So, in that regard"

1. Since January of 2017, have your wages risen?

2. If so, explain exactly what President Trump did to cause that.

I'll show my work.

1. Mine has.

2. Can't put my finger on one concrete thing. I've obtained more work that pays a higher rate and worked more. My ability to get more work that pays a higher rate is due to my firm's and my reputation. The extra hours...I've never seen Trump here on evenings and weekends.

I like Trump's reduction in regulation and tax cuts, but any relationship between those things and my wages are a twisty, indirect path that may or may not affect my firm's (and my) income. I certainly take home more money due to the tax cut, but as I understand it, the "median income" numbers are exclusive of taxation. The direct effect on a presidency (R, D...whatever) on INDIVIDUAL income is exceedingly difficult to determine for most people. I would agree that, in the long run, less regulation, less taxes, etc. help the overall economy, but when talking median income, the overall economy is not what we are talking about.

Ultimately, Obama did not make my income go lower, Trump did not make it go higher. Generally speaking, people need to look in the mirror and say hello to the person responsible for their own financial situation.

Is it possible the some of the higher pay work results from them having more money?

BHO definitely made millions of people's incomes lower, one area that comes to mind is real estate and mortgage, the onerous regulations placed on the home industry hurt incomes of those in the business and market values for those that owned real estate. BTW, SCOTUS just agreed to hear about the the legality of CFPB.

That is just one example.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Thank you.

1) Of course Trump gets credit for un-****ing Obama’s ****ing it up.

2) I have evaluated GWP. I’ve been burned enough using them as a source that I’m confident that their bias makes them unreliable. Yes, they’re a news aggregator, an they might occasionally report a gem that turns out to be true. But they report enough bull**** that I have to factcheck everything they report anyway.

3) income is better, it feels like. Mine is up, but I tend to think promotions are my own doing, and not whoever is President at the time. Maybe employers are more willing to hand out raises when the economy is doing well. Is Trump primarily responsible? It would be hard to determine to what extent Trump’s de****ing of Obama’s ****ing, impacted income.

I do not just feel that way about GWP, I feel it necessary to check everything today.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I found this thread through mentions from another thread that it was spicy.

Who implied this. I want names.

Who implied this. I want names.

Basically It was a gateway pundit article citing a company, 'sentier research' numbers on what the median household income is right now in the us.
    Now it's just waiting for official census numbers for the end of this year to see if they match.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I don't know if it is an issue of people getting raises as much as people are being employed in higher paying jobs, as they become available.

ie moving from a fast food job to some kind of technical or manufacturing job.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Is it possible the some of the higher pay work results from them having more money?

BHO definitely made millions of people's incomes lower, one area that comes to mind is real estate and mortgage, the onerous regulations placed on the home industry hurt incomes of those in the business and market values for those that owned real estate. BTW, SCOTUS just agreed to hear about the the legality of CFPB.

That is just one example.

He didn't lower my income, but he certainly raised my expenses, through his wondrous "you can keep your insurance" "affordable" care act. Cost me a bunch of money, between myself and my employees, whom I've provided for for 30 years. And he lied through his teeth the whole time he was making those claims, knowing it was bullsheet. POS move, that was.

Top Bottom