Under Trump, Median Income Soars Over Bush/Obama Era...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Just curious, do you point out the same thing to people that argue for an increase in the minimum wage? Good on you if you do, just asking.

Believe it or not, I made that point to one of my employees just the other day while we were talking about getting paid weekly vs bi-weekly.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I checked the citation back to the original story: The Gateway Pundit.

GP lists no source for the information other than "direct from the US Gov't".....which isn't a source citation. It could be the janitor on the 3rd floor of DHS. This site is known for [strike]creating[/strike] information with no credible sources. It doesn't seem to bother the readers thereof.

From Wikipedia

Gentleman, you are arguing about a lie.

saupload_median-household-income-in-the-21st-century-nominal-and-real-estimates-200001-thru-201806.png

I believe this is what you were looking/claim to have looked for

https://www.census.gov/content/dam/Census/library/publications/2019/acs/acsbr18-01.pdf
    Household Income: 2018
    American Community Survey Briefs

Edit:Making some rough estimates from your cite, the delta in income would seem to be approximately $7700 for nominal income (~$54500 to ~$62200). I am assuming you would prefer to use that metric because that is the only one that shows any overall growth during Obama's term, when he was preparing the economy for Trump

Last edited:

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    The trend is your friend, dude.

I wasn't looking for anything other than to quell the debate over a news article with no cited source.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    https://www.heritage.org/markets-an...e-class-incomes-surging-thanks-trump-policies

This data was compiled by the statisticians at Sentier Research, an economic research group whose founders have more than 30 years of experience at the Census Bureau in analyzing the monthly income numbers.

https://www.sentierresearch.com/

https://www.sentierresearch.com/pre...Trends_Press_Release_August_2019_10_03_19.pdf

Apparently no one is interested in determining where thet "$66,000" number, which is actually $65,976 came from....or everyone's Google-fu is broken.

I'll give away a little secret- google search the number.

What I can't do, is tell you whether this is accurate.

...but I'm sure that we will now be treated to more than a few posts attacking or defending the source and the accuracy based upon predisposition rather than analysis.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    The trend is your friend, dude.

I wasn't looking for anything other than to quell the debate over a news article with no cited source.

Whew! For a moment there I was worried that our betters didn't know how to access a source that was hotlinked in the article (hint:hot links are usually underlined, or a different color ... or both)

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    https://www.heritage.org/markets-an...e-class-incomes-surging-thanks-trump-policies

https://www.sentierresearch.com/

https://www.sentierresearch.com/pre...Trends_Press_Release_August_2019_10_03_19.pdf

Apparently no one is interested in determining where thet "$66,000" number, which is actually $65,976 came from....or everyone's Google-fu is broken.

I'll give away a little secret- google search the number.

What I can't do, is tell you whether this is accurate.

...but I'm sure that we will now be treated to more than a few posts attacking or defending the source and the accuracy based upon predisposition rather than analysis.

As well there should be posts attacking the source "Sentier research" whatever that is.
    Is the claim that this Sentier research got the drop on census bureau data that hasn't been made officially public yet?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    As well there should be posts attacking the source "Sentier research" whatever that is.
    Is the claim that this Sentier research got the drop on census bureau data that hasn't been made officially public yet?

#1 I don't know who these people are.

#2 Official census data is not the only way to come up with this number.

#3 What makes anyone think whatever the census number is the definitive answer?

#4 It's $3,000 more than $63,000- last time I looked that was less than 5%. I'm not so sure $63k or $66k matters.

#5 I am not chalking whatever my income increase was over the past 30 months up to Trump. I have concrete things that I have done and I would caution anyone else to look at themselves and not credit or blame some guy in Washington for what you have done or not done.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Uhh, the Census Bureau data was released 10 Sept, I believe. With that much of a head start, a five year old girl could get the drop on you (with your own gun)

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    :hehe:

This guy sounds like some of the talking in this thread. ;)

Listen from the 20 second to the 30 second marks. Rob Kindle was talking about this whopper on the Hammer And Nigel radio show just a bit ago...

[video=youtube;f4aiTe9r544]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4aiTe9r544[/video]

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I checked the citation back to the original story: The Gateway Pundit.

GP lists no source for the information other than "direct from the US Gov't".....which isn't a source citation. It could be the janitor on the 3rd floor of DHS. This site is known for [strike]creating[/strike] information with no credible sources. It doesn't seem to bother the readers thereof.

From Wikipedia

Gentleman, you are arguing about a lie.

A

Peddling some fake news there, from the same posters that believe anonymous sources that say what they want to hear all the time.

The article was clear the source, but you likely never read it. The article was written by syndicated writer Wayne Allyn Root. He cites that the data he is discussing came from Steven Moore, a respected conservative economist, former Regan White House advisor, congressional economic advisor, successful author, prolific researcher, and writer for many prestigious publications.

Just because keyboard hacks cannot find something on Google does not make it a lie. My understanding is they are talking about the most current numbers that may not be published or complete for the year, and the anti-Trump media is not going to report on it anyway.

Just because it is on the internet does not make it true, nor does not being on the internet make it a lie. While Wikipedia can be reasonably accurate about Eagles, the band and the bird, they are notorious for being edited against conservative sources and media. I can tell you from years of actually following Gateway Pundit, I learn things there that may not show up for days, months, or years before any other media, including the conservative media,reports it and the left uses Wiki, among other sites to try to discredit them. I find they report many tidbits that NYT and others bury in their own articles that are good news for the President and conservatives. Many of the things Barrs investigation is uncovering were reported there in 2017 or 2018, not all reported comes true, but neither does the NYT or WP. It was rated as a top 5 conservative news site by Harvard if I recall correctly.

Until you have definitive data making it a lie, stop creating fake news by calling it a lie.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Is there a fake news flag that can be added to the thread title?

We have no need for that, just a flag for internt trolls trying to flag good news for the country and the citizens, that they desperately hope is not true because it would hurt their desired political outcome...

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Until you have definitive data making it a lie, stop creating fake news by calling it a lie.

That's not how sourcing works, you dont get to make up a number from a secret source and claim the burden of proof is on someone else to come up with a non existent alternative number.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    We have no need for that, just a flag for internt trolls trying to flag good news for the country and the citizens, that they desperately hope is not true because it would hurt their desired political outcome...

Wouldn't hurt my desired political outcome and I hope median income jumped 3k in a single year. Just pointing out we need actual verifiable sources for such claims.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    #5 I am not chalking whatever my income increase was over the past 30 months up to Trump. I have concrete things that I have done and I would caution anyone else to look at themselves and not credit or blame some guy in Washington for what you have done or not done.

Bravo, Sir. Of course, we actually get up and go to work each day to earn our daily bread, but not everyone wants to do that.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    That's not how sourcing works, you dont get to make up a number from a secret source and claim the burden of proof is on someone else to come up with a non existent alternative number.

It is sourced, quit trolling and read...

The latest Census Bureau Current Population Survey data now show that middle-class incomes, after adjusting for inflation, have surged by $5,003 since Donald Trump became president in January 2017. Median household income has now reached $65,976 – an all-time high and up more than 8 percent in 2019 dollars under the Trump presidency.
    This data was compiled by the statisticians at Sentier Research, an economic research group whose founders have more than 30 years of experience at the Census Bureau in analyzing the monthly income numbers.

Top Bottom