Undocumented hit-and-run driver released...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I don't mean to :horse: but I just heard on the news that the hit and run driver's bond was $250. Huh? I can't believe that nearly killing someone only merits $250 bond. Obviously it was insufficient as she is now long gone.
    I have one more question for those who understand this theater of the absurd called our court system. If she had been a resident of California (no immigration status considered) would that have been considered in setting the bond? If I'm out of state and run over someone and only have to post a $250 bond then I'm heading home. I'll take my chances on extradition from 2000 miles away. If being an out of state resident would be considered an elevated flight risk then why wouldn't illegal immigration status also be considered an elevated flight risk?
    It seems that the bond schedule isn't properly identifying fight risk, this case being the proof.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I don't mean to :horse: but I just heard on the news that the hit and run driver's bond was $250. Huh? I can't believe that nearly killing someone only merits $250 bond. Obviously it was insufficient as she is now long gone.
    I have one more question for those who understand this theater of the absurd called our court system. If she had been a resident of California (no immigration status considered) would that have been considered in setting the bond? If I'm out of state and run over someone and only have to post a $250 bond then I'm heading home. I'll take my chances on extradition from 2000 miles away. If being an out of state resident would be considered an elevated flight risk then why wouldn't illegal immigration status also be considered an elevated flight risk?
    It seems that the bond schedule isn't properly identifying fight risk, this case being the proof.

Theater of the Absurd pretty much describes the current state of Big Brother dontcha think...

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

$250? That can't be right. No way that confirms to a bond schedule for the crimes I assume she was charged with. Was she just charged with a FD, with a $2500 surety?

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    $250? That can't be right. No way that confirms to a bond schedule for the crimes I assume she was charged with. Was she just charged with a FD, with a $2500 surety?
    Mycase shows $250 cash on a charged f/6 and misdemeanor. Maybe that is the scheduled bond on an f/6, Marion Co. used to release without bond on many misdemeanors and low level felonies.

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Mycase shows $250 cash on a charged f/6 and misdemeanor. Maybe that is the scheduled bond on an f/6, Marion Co. used to release without bond on many misdemeanors and low level felonies.

Oh yeah, I forget about them OR'ing on misds

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Her flight risk is too damn high, because she already tried to flee the crime scene.

Lock her up, bond my ass.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    The sad truth is, if I am not mistaken, I can walk up to you and shoot you in the back...tell em I was trying to kill you and $5000 I will be home before you are in surgery. Seems insane.....but I know for a fact that not only Marion County but Hendricks as well, you can bond out on a felony 3-4 times, no show court, have probation revoked and still be OR'd. They don't have any interest in keeping people in jail. They would rather send you to a work release, charge you and let you go thru the motions. If I had my way, Hendricks County work release would be shut down, done, eliminated. Put on chain gangs and make them work for their 3 hots and a cot!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I had an interesting conversation with an officer while filing a burglary report. (scrapper walked into my open garage to steal crap but couldnt find anything worth taking, but turned tail when he saw my camera :):)

He was also *****ing about our catch and release program. Its a joke.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I don't know why anyone thinks she went to the trouble of returning to Mexico. Illegal immigrants know how to scam the system with false ID. She probably went to another state, got another ID and resumed life. Rinse and repeat.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I guess I am wrong. WTHR is now reporting that ICE deported the driver to Mexico on July 6. So this is a case of competing government interests denying a victim justice.

Top Bottom