Unfortunately we all have at least one friend or family member like this.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    I just pulled this off of facebook. It is a remark by a guy I was friends with in college (1979-1984) and haven't seen since. He lives up near Chicago and is a Godless flaming liberal. What would you say to an old friend who posts the following:

Isn't it time we considered the NRA a terrorism organisation? Isn't it in the forefront of the incredible opposition to banning the sale of assault weapons even to those on the government's terrorism watch list? If this isn't "material support for terrorism," I don't know what is. (Incidentally, 82 percent of NRA members support such a ban, meaning that the NRA's leadership is not only an enabler of terrorists but anti-democratic to boot.) - From S. T. Joshi in the Sep/Oct American Rationalist

longbarrel

Expert
    Rating - 91.7%
    22   2   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Central Indiana
    And people wonder why we are in the shape we are in? Jackasses writing this kind of stuff. People like me, and you even taking the time to comment on it, etc. We get what we deserve.

Raskolnikov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2012
    Indianapolis
    This is the point where I just ignore the person. I don't unfriend them, but everything they say (gun-related or not) has to be taken with a grain of salt. I think your friend spends too much time listening to Piers Morgan.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    When confronted with similar posts I just calmly point out how those who oppose the 2nd Amendment are also almost always against the rights that are noted in the 1st Amendment. He wants to take guns that he doesn't like away from people... he wants to label groups as "terroristic" just because they disagree with him. What other unAmerican thoughts and anti-freedom ideas does he hold?

That puts the ball squarely back into his court... with a face slam to his forehead. And it gets the readers to thinking a little about the greater idea of freedom and just who is for it and who is against it.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    He went to COLLEGE, and cannot SPELL !!!!!

Not surprising. Remember a few years back when someone did a little research and discovered a large number of college students who couldn't find Canada or Mexico on a map?

More disturbing is his math and/or hallucinations. I have yet to find an NRA member that supports 'assault gun' bans, and according to this guy, for every 18 NRA members I can find who do not support such nonsense, there 82 hidden somewhere who do support it--and the joker apparently believes this!

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I'd reply with; "You really need to go back to all your educational institutions you have attended asking for refunds. As even my public high school graduate self, cannot only pick out your spelling and grammar mistakes, but also destroy your logic with a little history...."

Last edited:

TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    Were does he get his 82% number? Seems a tad bit high to me...

Don't know. I've never seen anything like that published by the NRA. They never asked me.

He grew up and lives in Hammond, Indiana which is down wind of Chicago!

This guy is simply a kook. I do not intend to worry about what he says and there is no point in arguing with him.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Just for laughs I'd ask him to define an "assault weapon". Other than that, he is a Chicago sheeple person beyond redemption.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I just pulled this off of facebook. It is a remark by a guy I was friends with in college (1979-1984) and haven't seen since. He lives up near Chicago and is a Godless flaming liberal. What would you say to an old friend who posts the following:

Isn't it time we considered the NRA a terrorism organisation? Isn't it in the forefront of the incredible opposition to banning the sale of assault weapons even to those on the government's terrorism watch list? If this isn't "material support for terrorism," I don't know what is. (Incidentally, 82 percent of NRA members support such a ban, meaning that the NRA's leadership is not only an enabler of terrorists but anti-democratic to boot.) - From S. T. Joshi in the Sep/Oct American Rationalist

Not in my family, thankfully. Inlaws are a bit nuts about being anti-gun, but they are nuts about everything.

Top Bottom